Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Are you interested in a Carbon Fiber MK2 Sunroof Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 52 of 52 Posts
Discussion starter · #42 ·
Hey guys;

I just got word from Advan, they have inspected the sunroof that Tim sent them and are ready if we are. Pricing is a little bit higher than their original estimate, won't be able to do it for less than $330-$350 + shipping. I will need 22 units sold in order for it go through. Advan has said that they can start production in January but before they start I need to make sure we can do it so I'll be putting up a group buy shortly. If enough people are in we'll get it done...if not then obviously we won't.

I will take one if I can put half down. Need some time to gather funds. Christmas is right around the corner and it sucks to be happening @ this time. Will sunroof gaskets be available?

I will take one if I can put half down. Need some time to gather funds. Christmas is right around the corner and it sucks to be happening @ this time. Will sunroof gaskets be available?

^what he said. I need a sunroof like yesterday, hasnt poked through all the way yet but i am sure it will very soon

Discussion starter · #49 ·
I'll take one too, whats next George?
What's next? No idea, I think we're scraping the bottom of the barrel with MK2 parts these days. The numbers of people who own them are dwindling, as are the number of people who understand that making low volume parts is not cheap. I personally have nothing on the "to do list" for MK2's anytime soon, which is kind of sad but hopefully something will come up.

Yeah I can do 1/2 deposits...might be a few bux more as it's a lot more work for me to keep track of payments that way. Sunroof seals are not being made, I tried but they are just too complicated to make, I'd have to make 100 of them and initial quotes put them higher priced than the actual roof. I know this is a required piece for a lot of you guys but there is really nothing I can do about that, there is no way I'd sell 100 seals in the next 10 years. I still have dozens of hatch glass seals and they weren't that pricey to make so not really interested in holding thousands in stock for years again. For those that are hoarding seals this is your chance to make a few bux on them.

For those that are hoarding seals this is your chance to make a few bux on them.
If anyone has a extra one I'd be interested.

I personally have nothing on the "to do list" for MK2's anytime soon, which is kind of sad but hopefully something will come up.
at least ill get some time to save up the cash to finish my wheels/tires/BBBK and battery re-location projects.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.