Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

If you are SERIOUSLY Interested in Brullen What Size are You Looking For

• 2.25 - recomended by Brullen for those intending on running bone stock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2.5" BPU/6m etc.

• 3" 5/6/7mgte's

• Forget this Group Buy, I'm supporting the Home Team and getting mine from Rabid Chimp

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I've been hesitating putting this potential group buy because of of conflict that it may cause with a potential business associate. I thought it over and decided that it's better if I put it up and mention a few things than someone else.

If people are interested in buying a Brullen Exhaust I am more than willing to accomodate them, as i've said earlier they are 5mins from me. However, I do want to make all of the members south of the boarder aware that our very own Aaron Garney from Rabid Chimp (www.rabidchimp.com) has produced his own High-Quality MK2 Exhaust System. Please keep this in mind when making your decision.

As for the details...I don't have any. I won't be able to go the Brullen for at least a week. Plus, when i go in I want a rough Idea of who is interested and what sizes everyone is looking for. I'm not trying to be rude here, but don't bother taking part in the poll if you are not 100% serious. I don't really have to time to waste on people who might be interested. As soon as we have a rough idea if this is going to happen I will go to Brullen and see what he can do for us.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I'd be interested in one. Next year... Car goes away in T minus 7 days. :(

·
Premium Member
8,255 Posts
George, I was of the understanding Aaron did NOT offer 2.25 or 2.5 systems for us who are NA??

·
Super Moderator
7,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AJ said:
George, I was of the understanding Aaron did NOT offer 2.25 or 2.5 systems for us who are NA??
Aj...from my understanding he makes a 2.5" for sure...but please send Aaron an email for all details. If you want, i can contact him for you and get all the details.

See ya,

**EDIT** Just checked a previous email from Aaron and he does make a 2.5" system...I'll check for a 2.25".

·
Registered
984 Posts
3 inch as well George.
Like Andrew, 7 days until she gets put away but I'll still get it. You've got all my contact info
DJ

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes, count me in please. 2.25. With all due repect to Aaron, leaning towrads the Brullen. Only because, if all things being equal, from what I've read, Brullen is quieter than Aaron's.
Thanks George. Been waiting for the GB.
Al

·
Super Moderator
7,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can't tell you loud/quit Aaron's is, but I can tell you that I have a 2.5" Brullen and when I'm coming home, all my neibours know it. Mind you the car was quite as hell with the stock cat, but I put a hi-flow 3" cat the car sounds like a rocket, and I also order the muffler with more insulation to quite it down...just something to keep in mind.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for the heads up George. I'm just going by what I've read on this fourm as well as celicasupra.com as what is considered a "mellow" exhaust note. Yes your right, it will be louder than stock. However, I would like some exhaust note, albeit the quietest of all cat backs available for the MKII. I also plan to stay bare bone stock. Well, bare bone stock with a K&N. So not quite so bare bone. Still interested though.

If Richard or any of our members have sound bites available, that would help. Still interesed though, so count me in.

Al

·
Super Moderator
7,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
rsdeo said:
Count me in for the 3". Can we each specify our own little design changes when ordering?
Raj, you sure can. IIRC, pretty much the main options Richard entertains is tip length, tip size anywhere from twin 2.5 to twin 4's(probably :ghey: looking on a mk2), flush or angled tips, amount of insulation and painted or polished pipes/can. When i ordered mine Richard was developing a sort of black chrome...almost like really shinny gun metal grey that looked soooo nice, but it wasn't ready, he said it kept on flaking.

If you recall in the other thread i requested tips a little longer than Dean's so the tips will be flush with the bumper. I also requested the 'quiet version as i know the mk2 can get quite loud when you mash the throttle.

I would not recommend anyone go with the 'loud' version...Raj I think you attest to the group that my exhaust is plenty loud and aggressive...any more would just be noise.

In terms of other changes such as muffler size or design changes, I'm almost 100% sure that Richard tries to stay away from these...but I can always ask.

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
George

I guess if I could see what he has in person then I can decide.

I was also thinking that unlike Deans system being in two pieces I would like the center pipe and muffler welded together. I know this is too long for shipping, but I can pick it up myself from the shop in my truck (also any of you guys in the west GTA as well). I will still have to think about the pros and cons of this. My factory system is like this.

I like the look of Deans, tip size, exhaust shape etc. Tip angled or straight and other things I will have to decide before the prchase.

Yours is loud enough, nothing louder. I don't drive the car that much (4000 km a year at the most), so noise is no problem and I'll get mine like yours.

We'll have to get together and discuss it.

Thanks.

·
Boost-a-holic
2,560 Posts
I have 2.5" on both of my cars...one is going 7M-GTE soon...how much of a performance hit will I take by leaving the 2.5" system there rather than going with the 3"?

·
Registered
237 Posts
The 2.5 Brullen I have wasn't quiet but wasn't too loud with the stock header etc. Droaned a bit, I have an Auto, nice and deep. The exhaust shop really liked it that I had weld a flange to the cat that was installed.

Now with the Thorley header and of course the RC intake pipe and a open K&N, like I had before, it really talks. Sounds much more like an Indy car, a bit more high pitched and doesn't droan as much but is louder overall and very loud under WOT in my opinion. Overall I'm happy with it but I wouldn't call it quiet, especially with a header.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hmm... sounds interesting. Just a few questions.

What size exhaust would you get if you had a 5M and going with an aftermarket header and intake upgrade in the future?

Before the Group Buy discount, what sort of price range are we looking at for a Brullen exhaust? ... or is it one of those, if you have to ask the price, then you can't afford it deals? (I'm considering a quiet 2.25" system at this point btw).

And what's included in that price? A new cat, resonator, center pipe, muffler, installation?

If a shop other than Brullen does the install, is their still a lifetime warranty on the components? What does Brullen charge to install?

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
7,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Doug,

is this the 'Best of Class' MKII Doug. If so...how's it going. I will try to answer all your questions.

What size exhaust would you get if you had a 5M and going with an aftermarket header and intake upgrade in the future?
If you're doing basic mods than 2.25" will more than suite your needs

Before the Group Buy discount, what sort of price range are we looking at for a Brullen exhaust? ... or is it one of those, if you have to ask the price, then you can't afford it deals? (I'm considering a quiet 2.25" system at this point btw).
I don't have my bill near me, but i spent close to $800 with pst/gst. I believe Dean mentioned that GB was around $650...add pst/gst for Ontario residence.

And what's included in that price? A new cat, resonator, center pipe, muffler, installation?
For that price you get a cat-back exhuast with a resonator...the cat is extra. I opted not to get one and later regreted it. I bought one of their high-flow 3" cats(in anticipation of turbo) and man...what a huge difference in power and sound. I'm not sure if the $650 included installation for the local guys...like i said earlier i will give the details when i get a better grasp on what sort of number's we're looking at.

If a shop other than Brullen does the install, is their still a lifetime warranty on the components? What does Brullen charge to install?
No matter who installs you get a lifetime warrenty. Not sure what their install charge is. I know that when i bought both my cat and cat-back exhuast from them, there was no charge for install on the bill. But at $650 I don't know how it'll work..

HTH.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey George,

Thanks for the info and yes, it's me. I can tell you one thing: nothing makes a more lasting impression than getting the Best of Class award, then smacking the car into a light standard a couple hours later ... lol.

Actually, it all turned out alright. The restoration work I intended to do over the winter is now finished. The accident damage was easily fixed and I feel much better that the rusty bits were ground out and redone at the same time. See a few pics here: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288977493

I'm getting too off topic here so I'll just keep an eye on this Group Buy and let you know after you work out the details with Richard.

·
Registered
984 Posts
karaki said:
DJ...how bout giving the boys a shipping deal :D . :wink:
Yo George, I can try, but dont get much discounts on truck freight. The best deals are had when only one pro-bill is cut for "numerous" pieces. So unless 5 guys in the same city order, market rate will likely prevail.
Give me a heads up later and we'll see
DJ

·
Registered
27 Posts
pulling out

George,
Count me out on the GB. Just found out that my company offers the Ford X-plan for its employees (ie. automobiles at discount-close to invoice prices). This includes Mazda's S-plan and the RX8. Just test drove it last week. Wow. Not 350Z torque, but what balance, poise, and athletisim. So I'll be putting my MKII on the market (here first, then Ebay) as well as my 98 Passat.
So just wanted to give you the heads up.

Thank you

Al

1 - 20 of 40 Posts