Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,
I have been thinking of setting up a meet around Central Florida at the parking lot of a Walmart or something like that nearby some food establishments in case anyone gets hungry or thirsty. It would be for a few months from now and on a weekend. I am bringing this up since I have yet to see a Florida meet and I am sure there are a lot of neat MK2's around that are waiting to be seen. It wont be only for Florida people of course anyone who would like to come is more than welcome. I think it would be a great opportunity for Supra owners to meet up and make new friends and contacts in the supra community. I would like some feedback on this to see what you guys think. I am open to all suggestions.

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
You may want to get permission from the establishment you have in mind. I'd suggest reaching out to a local restaurant and asking if they would OK "X" number of spots being blocked off for use during "X-X" time and ask where in the lot they would like you to congregate. It puts a face and name with the group, and ensures the proprietor will not be calling the cops on you. Additionally, judge the enthusiasm of the proprietor, but sometimes if they're stoked about it you can ask for a bonus for the people who show up - 10% off or free appetizers for the table or something...

--billyM

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In your opinion if i set this up. Would I have to get all that in writing with the store manager or is it more of a verbal agreement? Just want to take all the right steps.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I would also like to get an idea of who will show up. So if you think you might want to possibly attend in central Florida a couple of months from now let me know so I can have an Idea of how many spots it will take up. Thanks. Sorry for all the individual post. My Ideas don't all make it in one post lol.

·
Registered
15,019 Posts
We have had meets in the past at Ft. Desoto park, though havent had one in years. We had some decent turnouts. Wes from Gainsville, Tanya from Naples, A guy from Tallahassee one year, Mike from Daytona, Me, a few others etc.. We went by the picnic area under the trees as tey have grills etc.. and had a cookout etc... My beater isnt worth bringing and the 84 isnt running at the moment. That may change in a few months, but for now, its down.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Meet

Hey that's a good idea. I live very close to Ft. Desoto. Sucks about your car but I understand. Mine is down for the 2j swap and will not be done anytime soon since I am buying a house.

We have had meets in the past at Ft. Desoto park, though havent had one in years. We had some decent turnouts. Wes from Gainsville, Tanya from Naples, A guy from Tallahassee one year, Mike from Daytona, Me, a few others etc.. We went by the picnic area under the trees as tey have grills etc.. and had a cookout etc... My beater isnt worth bringing and the 84 isnt running at the moment. That may change in a few months, but for now, its down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts