Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Which Motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 78 of 78 Posts
I'm curious. If I do a 7m swap into my 84. Even though I have a working ac system now, what would the cost be to have the system evacuated and refilled with custom lines to the 7m compressor? Will I need to get this retrofit kit? Will r12 work with the 7m compressor?
If the system is working, don't disconnect the compressor. Just swap the clutch for a 89 ford crown vic ac clutch. the belt will need to be 1 rib skinnier. This way you don't have to have it evacuated or recharged. This has been documented to work a few times.

Im in for a 7m kit. But dont need a compressor. I have a good one.

By now this thread is fairly old and must have reached a dead end. However, I myself am still wanting air conditioning in my 7M swapped 85 Supra. Any suggestions on how I can pursue this on behalf of all of us here at CelicaSupra.com?

RaptorRacing-Thats great! Hopefully persistence pays off. If there is anything I can do to help out, I would be more than happy to if it would speed the process along.

Working on finding some new suppliers for certain parts.

Most importantly, the condenser. Deja vu all over again (first group buy had same problem).

The previous vendor now requires a 100 minimum. If I were to believe the poll numbers, we're good.
Since I've done many GB's in the past, I believe the number won't get close enough to 100.

I have to make some calls in the next week or so to firm up some pricing.

Then I'll re-post a new GB survey to see what the real numbers are. And those that vote and don't
go through with the purchase, will be listed as no-shows.

Discussion starter · #77 ·
Then I'll re-post a new GB survey to see what the real numbers are. And those that vote and don't
go through with the purchase, will be listed as no-shows.
Yup...this needs to be done. I really don't think these people who vote and NEVER participate understand the time and money costs to a group buy even before 1 product is built.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.