Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

How much would you be willing to pay for Reproduction Hatch Glass Seals

61 - 69 of 69 Posts
Discussion starter · #63 ·
FYI...group buy will start by the end of the weekend. It will be a very short group buy (2 weeks) as I need to expedite the order as soon as possible so it doesn't conflict with other projects. I'm just finalizing the shipping which unfortunately is a little more than I hoped...bank for pricing to be in the $200 + Shipping(from Toronto) price range. I know that means many of you wont' be participating but at $160 + shipping it's just not worth my time considering I have to front a lot to get these done.

The machines that they use to make windshields are programmed for the curvature profile and size to cut after bending. No moulds required. So it is no problem to get new windshields, and shouldn't ever be.

Also that rubber seal looks really good. It is hard to get the stock trim in good shape, and it is a bear to install properly.
Last time I bought a windshield in 2011, it was not easy. Called every glass shop in the yellow pages - no luck. Finally found a windshield in stock about 800 miles away. I also got lucky once and found a very fresh one in a celica in salvage yard and managed to remove it without damage, but that's been nearly 10 years ago. You don't realize how bad your windshield really is until you put in a fresh new glass. I'm always amazed that nothing makes a car feel new again like a clear view over the hood. Really appreciate everyone's effort in getting reproduction stuff made.

Last time I bought a windshield in 2011, it was not easy. Called every glass shop in the yellow pages - no luck. Finally found a windshield in stock about 800 miles away. I also got lucky once and found a very fresh one in a celica in salvage yard and managed to remove it without damage, but that's been nearly 10 years ago. You don't realize how bad your windshield really is until you put in a fresh new glass. I'm always amazed that nothing makes a car feel new again like a clear view over the hood. Really appreciate everyone's effort in getting reproduction stuff made.
I just ordered a windshield from a glass place in Vancouver, BC. They didn't seem to have too much trouble finding good glass. Even had the option of with/without the antenna. Of course... it wasn't cheap.

Did no one read George's earlier post?! (#62 - second from top)
Hey guys...for the meantime can we just keep this post on topic. If someone wants to start a thread on the windshield trim posted above please go ahead as I'm sure others will want to know about it.
- Dustin -

61 - 69 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.