Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Are You Intetrested In a Top Secret Style MK2 Hood for $700

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gauging Interest - TOP SECRET Style MK2 Vented Carbon Fiber Hood

23K views 69 replies 32 participants last post by  Lee_MA61 
#1 ·
Hey Folks;

Now that the first group buy is coming to a end I wanted to see who has some serious interest in getting a top secret style hood? In order to get the Advan to make this hood they are going to need a good condition OEM hood which they will have to destroy. It will take 2 months AFTER all payments have been received and I need to sell 10. If we don't get 10 then my group buy will be just for the OEM style hoods. For those that don't know this is what this looks like here's is Tanya's PS version:

Here is a MK3 version, please note that I would make it without the small vents near the top on the passenger side:

The OEM Hoods will be going for $565 if I sell 10, these are much more complex to make so pricing will be $700 + shipping. I know that's steep, there is NO way that I think we can unload 20 of them and I don't want to deal with that right now so the Top Secret Hoods will be limited to 10.

IF we do this its going to be soon so the only way you should vote is if you have the money in the next 3-4 week, or as soon as I find someone who can get them a hood. If I don't see enough interest in this I'll just run the group buy with the OEM hood for now.

See less See more
#4 ·
Sooooooooooooooo badly want one of these! Maybe I can sell a kidney or something cause I just don't have the cash right now.

......Well, I do, but its going towards finding a mk2 for my wife.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

#5 · (Edited)
I'm in George. I like the idea of having 1 of 10. Already have an OEM style carbon hood though, so it's TOP SECRET or bust for me..

BTW - You do know that both of the answers to the poll are yes, right? Ha ha, that'll weed out the naysayers!!

#9 ·
BTW - You do know that both of the answers to the poll are yes, right? Ha ha, that'll weed out the naysayers!!
Yup...no point in having a no option as those who don't vote don't want. That being said, those who have chimed in please vote as it's easier for me to keep track. Next order of business; anyone near Advan have a stock hood that they don't need anymore? If I get no feedback on it here I'll post up in the WTB section.

#13 ·
Too bad I didn't leave my OEM hood down at Advan, would have donated it. I just gave it away a few weeks ago.

Such a cool looking hood!

I'm surprised that Advan can't just use one of the OEM style CF hoods for the design process. Maybe seems like a waste of a hood, but don't they just pop these CF hoods out like twinkies? :)

Don L.

#27 ·
Hey Guys...just a small update on this. I have some good news, I had a chat with Dave Sheppard and he's very interested in helping with this project. He was pivital in helping out with the original group buy and will be just as pivital here, and he even has a hood to give them. He will be the go to guy to confirm fitment and quality is up to spec.

I'm just working out on some of final logistics and should be able to post this in the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.