Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Are You Intetrested In a Top Secret Style MK2 Hood for $700

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 70 Posts
Discussion starter · #27 ·
Hey Guys...just a small update on this. I have some good news, I had a chat with Dave Sheppard and he's very interested in helping with this project. He was pivital in helping out with the original group buy and will be just as pivital here, and he even has a hood to give them. He will be the go to guy to confirm fitment and quality is up to spec.

I'm just working out on some of final logistics and should be able to post this in the next few days.

I'm just working out on some of final logistics and should be able to post this in the next few days.
As in start the group buy? Just curious, so I know to keep payment ready.

Discussion starter · #33 ·
Hahah...thanks. I figured there was no point in putting a "no" option and you can't poll with one option only.

So for those that are in let me ask this question (and I'm not even sure if Tanya's is doable) but out of the pictures in my first post which design do you prefer? Personally I like Tanya's over the other one but let me hear your thoughts.

Out of the two.. I really like the way Tanya's rendering looks. Though, iirc, the further forward the scoops are, the more functional they will become. With the highest under hood pressures being directly behind the radiator. In spending this much on something that looks good, I'd like to also get the most function out of the hood as possible. I mean, it's going to look awesome either way. Really can't see much difference with the two though, other than placement of the scoops. Either way I'm in.. Cash in hand, well, in the bank, but same shit..

Discussion starter · #35 ·
I wasn't necessarily referring to the location but the "design"...hers are more angular whereas the Top Secret Hood on the MK3 pictured has slightly rounded vents. Again, I'm not too picky either...just throwing it out there and honestly don't' know if it's even possible to make one as Tanya has designed but I have asked.

In that case, George, angled vents all the way!! The sharp edges would better compliment our body lines. And I think also provide better contradiction for the Aerocatch latches I have.

Would love to see Tanya's version with just the passenger's side slotted. Mostly because I love asymmetrical, but also because venting heat from the turbo is more of a concern than the throttle body. Also would give it that old school turbo hood look.

I'm in :)

Angular vents would match the lines of the MkII much better.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.