Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Are You Intetrested In a Top Secret Style MK2 Hood for $700

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 70 Posts
Discussion starter · #43 ·
Sorry guys...this is a stupid question as I've had a few people PM me and ask me how many people are on the list: am I the only one who can see how many people have voted? This isn't an official listing, the group buy hasn't started yet Chadrick, I see there is definitely interest and this should be posted in the next few days.

I can see it.

You guys better be careful with underhood clearances with those vents. Its pretty tight anywhere a strut tower bar will be, or even around the strut towers themselves. Deliver the donor hood on a car so they can take a peek underneath to get an idea of where they can fit them.

I've run into several clearance issues with my old CFX hood with my slightly relocated LJM bar and my mk3 radiator.

Discussion starter · #45 ·
No worries Seamus...as mentioned earlier Dave will be there to oversee the operations. That being said, neither Advan, Myself or Dave can guarantee fitment of each and every combination of motor, motor mounts and strut tower bar. We will NOT be testing this on every combination, Dave's car will be the test car and that's about it.

If people have concerns then this honestly isn't the hood for them...personally for me if it doesn't' fit my LJM bar I will sell the bar and build a custom bar. I want a vented hood more than a want an LJM bar but to each his/her own.

If people have concerns then this honestly isn't the hood for them...personally for me if it doesn't' fit my LJM bar I will sell the bar and build a custom bar. I want a vented hood more than a want an LJM bar but to each his/her own.
Agreed. I would be doing the same sir.

Agreed. I would be doing the same sir.
I have that new "Toyota" cnc strut brace, if I got a vented hood and it interfered with that brace, I would be willing to just trim the hood vents for clearance myself. But that's me.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

This thread is giving me more gray hairs. All I've wanted for the last several years was a vented hood. And after being disappointed time and time again by random people to sign up claiming to be "carbon fiber masters" or some such junk, I decided to just shell out the funds for an OEM style. Now I am super torn between;
a. being patient and waiting to see what Advan's version even LOOKS like
b. trying to sell my current hood (for more than I paid for it, which seems like a jerk move, but idc anymore really) so I can be on the GB and make this HAPPEN.

GRAY HAIRS. GRAY HAIRS EVERWHERE.

How about a test fit with LJM bar? Doesn't matter if it doesn't fit or not, just would like to know.

Wow, definitely interested in this... Keep us updated!

Discussion starter · #58 ·
Ok folks, Dave was just at Advan a couple of days ago to discuss this project and we have good news and some not so good news:

Good News #1: They are able to make this hood for us
Good News #2: They are able to make this hood with angular vents as shown earlier in this thread
Good News #3: They are able to make this hood for the price mentioned in the first post

Bad News: They are knee deep in projects and will NOT be able to build the prototype for about 3 months. Which ideally means that we're looking at late fall delivery of the hoods. I'm sorry as I know this was bot the news you were all hoping for but it's the best we can do. This means that I will not be hosting a group buy for OEM hoods either until his schedule clears up, I want to make 100% sure that when it comes time to build these hoods he has the time and resources to get it done.

As always let me know if you have any questions.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.