Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Which Motor

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 110 Posts

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
What you get
o Brand new compressor (5M or 7M configuration only) o For 1J/2J compressors, possibility of a premium rebuilt NipponDenso with external warranty.
o All new hard and soft lines, o-rings and a squirt bottle of Nylog for o-ring sealing o Inline AC filter.
o High / Low pressure automatic cut off switch.
o Spal low profile fan
o Custom Multi-pass parallel flow condenser
how much of this kit is the same between engines ?

What im asking is that if i but the 5/6M kit and decide to switch to a JZ so i need to buy a completely new kit , just the compressor, or a compressor plus a few new parts ?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
how much of this kit is the same between engines ?

What im asking is that if i but the 5/6M kit and decide to switch to a JZ so i need to buy a completely new kit , just the compressor, or a compressor plus a few new parts ?

Thanks
The compressor and the two hoses between the compressor and condenser are unique. The M kit can be used on 5,6 or 7M.
J can be 1 or 2J.

The remaining kit is independent. You can use it for any motor you like.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Man, I want... but can in no way be sure I'll have the cash in hand when time comes... so I'll abstain from voting.

Any chance if this does go through, George may stock just a few extra M kits over at Raptor?

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Man, I want... but can in no way be sure I'll have the cash in hand when time comes... so I'll abstain from voting.

Any chance if this does go through, George may stock just a few extra M kits over at Raptor?
George has mentioned it, though it does become a inventory cost for him. So pricing would be different.

·
Super Moderator
7,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

In the past I would have considered this, but if we're having a hard time getting 30 people at "group buy pricing"...the likelihood of me selling half a dozen kits at 20% over group buy pricing is slim. The ONLY way I'd consider ordering a couple to stock is if it will make or break the group buy If Jim gets his numbers it's doubtful I will order any to stock unless Jim's suppliers can get me some crazy insane pricing. I need this for my car if he doesn't have the numbers will do what I can to help out.

·
Addict
678 Posts
As I am not a Mkii Expert. What would change between the kits for 2j/7m besides the compressor and the connector placement to said compressors?

Thanks Jim and George again for all the great forum support :)

·
Registered
457 Posts
I am in for a full JZ kit as well. I'm not on the forums or the Internet period much anymore working full and part time, doing projects and going to school. I barely get any sleep but I WANT THIS KIT!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Jim, Considering the only difference between a JZ and and 7M kit is the lines and compressor, would you be willing to sell those?

Fun fact that might be worth considering - crimped high-pressure hoses (hydraulic etc.) do have a shelf life if they aren't used within a period of time...any thoughts on that?

Just thinking a lot of customers, myself included might not be with a 7M forever and it could save us some trouble if wanting to convert in the future - either making custom lines, tracking down sizes or modifying a 2j bracket to fit a 7m compressor...

On another note, would you be willing to publish specs for some of the perishable items (like O-rings, compressors, sensors?) such as part numbers or dimensions? I understand some of it is your IP or custom, but If you became unavailable for some reason, it would be nice to know what replacement parts we need to buy!

·
Super Moderator
8,136 Posts
The o-rings are standard size AC tube O fittings. Any parts store should sell a multi pack set that has all the sizes needed. Also there is no 2JZ bracket to modify. The 2JZ ac compressor bolts directly to the block.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
(fyi, I don't get notified on forum post updates).

Based on the vote count, this looks doable. I have to contact a 3rd party to determine costs,
primarily for the condenser.

To answer some questions...

If you bought a 7M kit, then later changed to 2J motor, you would have to buy the NipponDenso pad
to threaded adapters (on Ebay), and have 2 new hoses made up (the ones that go between the
compressor and condenser).

Most synthetic's (rubber, urethane) can be exposed to shelf life issues. Even tires have a shelf life.
Worst case, you damage a hose, most any trucking AC shop can make you a new flexible hose.
I only buy the premium hose for this kit. Though most would only expect that from me. :)

I list all the parts and sources. Almost everything is off the shelf. I designed it that way to avoid
being the AC replacement parts guy. :)

21 - 40 of 110 Posts