Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Which Motor

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 110 Posts

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Do it Dean... I hear all the cool kids are.

--billyM
Damn,
guess i know where i stand now :(

In all seriousness,
1) would it be possible to but a 5m kit with the extra parts to convert it to a 2J system?
sorry its supposed to read "would it be possible to buy a 5m kit with the extra parts to convert it to a 2J system?"

2) what is the shelf life for a A/C hose that is not being used ?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Current update.

I've sourced 99% identical condensers. Same originating company. Price went up. Factoring normal inflation, not all that bad.

The only issue is they are un-painted.

I'm going to assume most want them black, as the original GB looks almost like a factory retro-fit.
Plus it allows some longevity protection.

I have to make some calls to see who can paint them appropriately. Materials, labor, etc.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Your vote is public. Only vote if you are going to proceed with the buy.
If you voted and fail to proceed with the GB, your screen name will be prominently listed as a no-show.
This ^^^ should have been posted with the poll. When I saw the poll and voted--I was new on the forum--I just assumed it was a preference thing, just to see what people liked the most in their Supras. Not a... "this is me committing to an AC kit for this motor type of deal." :SM130 (1):

Please be more specific other than simply saying..."Which Motor?"
Which motor what? Do I like? Do I want? One that makes a better breakfast?

And since I voted having no idea what it was about, I chose the only motor I had at the time, a 5m. I guess now that I voted, I'm in it to win it or be marked as a "NO-SHOW"...I'm switching it to a 7m-gte. And since no one commented on my switch request post, I'll say it again. WRITE ME DOWN FOR A 7M-GTE.

Please have more clarity in the poll next time around.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
This ^^^ should have been posted with the poll. When I saw the poll and voted--I was new on the forum--I just assumed it was a preference thing, just to see what people liked the most in their Supras. Not a... "this is me committing to an AC kit for this motor type of deal." :SM130 (1):

Please be more specific other than simply saying..."Which Motor?"
Which motor what? Do I like? Do I want? One that makes a better breakfast?

And since I voted having no idea what it was about, I chose the only motor I had at the time, a 5m. I guess now that I voted, I'm in it to win it or be marked as a "NO-SHOW"...I'm switching it to a 7m-gte. And since no one commented on my switch request post, I'll say it again. WRITE ME DOWN FOR A 7M-GTE.

Please have more clarity in the poll next time around.
Or you could read the lengthy post associated with the poll, like everybody else. Heck, just the thread title might cut it.

Why put so much effort into your post in the first place? to try and convince yourself you didn't make a mistake? Just be accountable and say you screwed up.

Relax. It's not a big deal.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Hey George, still lurk around here every once in a while. Gotta get a little present for the mk2 (a/c), it's feeling neglected :(

·
Registered
806 Posts
George/Jim,

I'm interested in running R134a (since R12-compatible gas is drying up over here). I know this kit's going to be heavy, but what are the chances of shipping to the UK? Also, I see references to the price increasing, is $950 the current price? (I accept the price could increase in future).

I've been told there could be a small leak in my condensor, so replacement would be useful. The one thing I don't see mentioned is the receiver/dryer, does the kit include a replacement one of these?

·
Registered
577 Posts
I really would like to have working a/c in my 7MGTE swapped MK2. The weather in Florida is already quite hot and very humid. Is there anything I can do to help get this group buy up and going? I am more than happy to help out! Thank you.

41 - 60 of 110 Posts