Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Which Motor

81 - 100 of 115 Posts
I will have a FREE condenser for local pick up from my '84.
PM if you want it. It's still on the car.:SM130 (1):
SEATTLE,WA. 98103.

Folks;

since Jim can't post a POLL I'm posting this on his behalf...he will be running this group buy. Any and all questions (with the exception of Canadian Shipping) will go through him and here is the text he gave me:

IMPORTANT: Pricing has not been confirmed for condensers. It all depends on how many kits are actually ordered.

Your vote is public. Only vote if you are going to proceed with the buy.
If you voted and fail to proceed with the GB, your screen name will be prominently listed as a no-show.

Features:
o Supports R134a
o Fits either 5M or 7M motor
o Support for 1J/2J motor
o All new parts. It replaces all parts from the firewall evaporator connectors to compressor.
o Most all replacement parts are easily available.
o Engineered for durability, safety and future serviceability.

What you get
o Brand new compressor (5M or 7M configuration only) o For 1J/2J compressors, possibility of a premium rebuilt NipponDenso with external warranty.
o All new hard and soft lines, o-rings and a squirt bottle of Nylog for o-ring sealing o Inline AC filter.
o High / Low pressure automatic cut off switch.
o Spal low profile fan
o Custom Multi-pass parallel flow condenser

Price
o $950US which includes shipping in the lower 48.
o Possibility for Canadian Shipments will go through George(Raptor Racing). Extra fees will apply.

Spare Parts for any existing kit
o Condenser: $115 + shipping
o New Seltec Compressor $250 + shipping

Production Schedule
I can only say that this project would be completed this summer. I’m guessing sometime in August. So you’ll get to enjoy 2-3 months of AC comfort.
Then when it rains, you will have the fastest defogger.

Notes
The price went up for various reasons. Several AC parts suppliers and fabricators I used before are no longer in business.
Plus I have to outsource a good amount of this.

1/2JZ buyers do not get a compressor in this kit. They need to secure their own NipponDenso compressor.

Improvements since last kit
o Revised drier bracket.
o All lines welded (not brazed)
o Improved mating connector between evaporator and EPR.

Voting options
o 5/6M
o 7M
o 1JZ / 2JZ
OOPS! I voted and I do not want the kit.
I have a free condenser for local pick up,when I decide to pull it OUT.

Could the procurement of this be transferred to a vendor so its not a once in a lifetime group opportunity?

Yep. I'll probably try and bring mine back from the dead.
I have a new receiver/drier, some NOS R-12, and my son's friend the Toyota Tech has said he'd be happy to come over, pump it down, and check it for leaks. If it's tight we'll fill it with the R-12 I've collected, and hope for the best.

- Jim

Yep. I'll probably try and bring mine back from the dead.
I have a new receiver/drier, some NOS R-12, and my son's friend the Toyota Tech has said he'd be happy to come over, pump it down, and check it for leaks. If it's tight we'll fill it with the R-12 I've collected, and hope for the best.

- Jim
I have entire ac system works amazing I'll consider selling I just hve to look at the receipts to see what kind it is since previous owner put brand new one . Pm if interested

I suggest we leave the thread open, wait for the kits to be produced again, and then all support Jim in embargo'ing West Virgina because Chadrick's being salty, haha!

--billyM
ROFL! Good one Billy.

81 - 100 of 115 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.