Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been reading and researching but I can't decide on what makes more sense for me. I am looking to put coilovers on, not just to lower my car, but to drift on. Are the 935 sets capable of being beaten like that? Anyone with them on there car drifted on them stiff? And if they can't then what set of GC Coilovers would fit my 84 front and rear?

I have read a lot of forum posts - just can't decide what makes the most sense.

·
POTATO
17,252 Posts
There are no coilovers for the rear of our cars, just the front.

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Im running Gc, I like them, but go with a ~350 rate for DD. track or drift go with 500 with KYB MR2 agx inserts, cut your struts down. If you want something hardcore to drift on go with eibach circle track racing springs in a very high tension like 500 or 600 in the rear. you might need to weld in a spacer like I did, and with those your going to need a strong shock, 2001 focus KYB AGX shocks for the rear. also slap in a white-line adjustable sway bar in back, you can play with your settings to control your over steer.

your also going to need a hell of a lot more before the car will be competitive. like a tru-trac LSD perhaps, poly suspension bushings, strut bars. you cant just slap in springs are go for it.......... well you could.....

http://forums.celicasupra.com/showthread.php?t=43648&highlight=rear+adjustable

:use_searc all your answers are to be found there.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Budget coilovers are not meant for abuse. They are meant for daily driving ONLY.

The only advantage to going budget first, is if you had a limited 'budget'. You could start with the budget, then upgrade to the proper eibach/ground control springs later when you had more cash.

My car has budget fronts and a shoestring suspension. I can tell you right now that at 10/10ths, a full tokico/eibach setup handled much better.

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
GC/agx. It's verry good. I'm local, and could hook you up with a ride in mine sometime.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts