Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sears double-sold and double-charged me for a set of Flex-Head Gear Wrench end wrenches. I didn't realize until the girl came home from work with two in her hands, checked the credit-card statement... sure enough, bastages.

This is the most kickass set, becasuse it starts with 10mm and goes to 19mm, skipping 11mm and 18mm (the useless fuckers). Only the ones you need and use. These are the flex-head ones, MUCH nicer when you only have a few degrees of motion due to something in your way, just angle it up a bit and rock on with your bad self. Neat feature number three, one side of the handle is textured/serrated, so you can feel just by scraping your thumb across it, serrated = rightey tightey, smooth = lefty loosey. Bitchin-ass idea, and I've since put grind-marks on the rest of my GearWrench sets.

Google shopping shows the lowest price as $50+shipping, ebay shows $57+shipping.

...anyways, $45 shipped to your door, $5 off if you buy a bushing set at the same time.

Specs said:

GearWrench ratcheting box end wrenches need as little as 5 degrees of sweep to move a fastener, and the thin head shank allows the GearWrench into the tightest areas.

Extremely strong, GearWrench meets or exceeds ANSI, DIN and Federal torque specifications
Handles long bolts and threaded rods with ease and speed
180 degree Flex action head allows GearWrench to reach the tightest places
GearWrench speed wrench moves a fastener with the speed and ease of a fine tooth ratchet
Surface Drive® box end virtually eliminates the rounding of fasteners
Set contains 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17 and 19mm sizes
--BillyM

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
These are nice, the flex head actually stays tight for quite some time.
While it is a flex head it is pretty stable. Just some input.
Mine have been beaten for quite some time. Still good tension.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I don't know how I worked before I got mine.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
I have a set of those, in SAE and metric. They are really nice. Just don't use them to break the bigger fasteners loose. I tried to exchange mine at Sears, and they said I had to ship them for warranty work. F that.
-Aaron

·
Registered
683 Posts
I have a set of those, in SAE and metric. They are really nice. Just don't use them to break the bigger fasteners loose. I tried to exchange mine at Sears, and they said I had to ship them for warranty work. F that.
-Aaron
I've also heard Sears doesn't take returns for GearWrench either. You can purchase GearWrench wrenches from Matco's website, GearWrench is Matco's sister company or something. Sign up for a student account for discount prices (half price), I heard they don't check but am not sure.

Check Sear's weekly ads online, they always have ratcheting wrenches on sale.

GearWrench 8pc Stubby Wrench Set $39.99

Harbor Freight 7pc Ratcheting Combo Wrench Set $29.99. Have seen it on sale for $21.99 if you sign up for the email coupons.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I paid $79 for my husky set.

As for 11mm, many of the T bolts I have dealt with were 11mm, so an 11mm ratcheting wrench wouldn't be too bad. I sure wouldn't mind having one.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
I have the metric stubby gear wrench set and have been waiting for the SAE price to come down..now its $40...thx alfun for posting the above link..I just bought the SAE set a a few mins ago and can do in store pick up....sweet!

·
Registered
683 Posts
I have the metric stubby gear wrench set and have been waiting for the SAE price to come down..now its $40...thx alfun for posting the above link..I just bought the SAE set a a few mins ago and can do in store pick up....sweet!
Whenever a wrench set is on sale usually both SAE and Metric are both the same price. If you can't find it just use the search and replace the wrench set name with SAE or Metric. For example -

GearWrench 8 pc. Stubby Wrench Set, Metric

GearWrench 8 pc. Stubby Wrench Set, SAE

Use code "SEARS5OFF50" for $5 off $50 or more.
Use code "EXCLUSIVE" for $10 off $75 or more, plus free shipping. *Might have expired.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts