Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I didnt kill it in my Supra. This guy my brother knows has a manual Geo Metro, this thing is absolutely hideous, he's lowered it, put fat can exhaust on it, made his own ground effects out of foam and fiberglass as well as fabricating his own wing. The interior has been stripped, the air-conditioning has been removed, and the trademark huge stereo system of course has been installed. He is really full of his car, he is convinced it is “pimp” (his own words), he is (was) convinced he could dust anything he went up against. He wanted to take me on in my 84 P-type but my brother insisted that he could kill him in a 1990 Toyota Previa minivan. We left with my brother driving the van and me driving my supra, the first race was the van vs. the Metro. The race was over the second it started, the start is even but immediately the van pulled away, neither car having a high top end my brother backed off after he hit 70, the distance between the two cars when he backed off immense. Needless to say our friend in the Geo Metro opted not to put his three cylinders of fury against my Supra.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
:roll: Geo Metro guy got his ego shoved up his ass :lol:

The funniest thing i have seen is two Geo Metors go at it at a light. Funniest thing i have seen in my life

·
Registered
151 Posts
To tell you the truth those previa vans are good vans and can really haul azz, those are just the n/a... a friend of mine has a S/C and that thing can go...

By the way, every chance I get driving my moms Previa... good comfortable seats and the acceleration of the 4banger...

But anyways... good kill :lol:

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
i dont think he killed anything that night. he said that the Geo guy back off after he got wooped by the van :wink:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that was the point... he backed down after my brother smoked him in the van... after getting it handed to him by a soccor wagon with 150,000 miles on it I think he figured he wouldnt fare to well against a supra :D althought I wouldnt have minded showing him what an mkii can do :wink:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just realized... oops... the Previa's a 92, and yeah they are terrific vans! YOTA builds their stuff right!

·
Registered
23 Posts
HAHAHA that is funny van vs a geo, that reminds me of what my friends and i do, we find these slow cars and race them. its just fun to see these cars we choose drag racing down the road. like just reciently i raced a 84 ford ranger that had been romped to hell, the thing steams out the a/c vents, this thing has steam burn all over the dash and overheats even if it is filled to the brim with fluids, well that Vs. a 1964 buick automatic (all original engine parts). I was driving the Buick. Well the race started the person in the ranger floors its as do i; but when 35 mph hit he hadent shifted the ranger in to second the engine was just screaming the thing sounds stupid anyways, it makes these high pitch buzzing sounds, sounds a low budget movie would give to a spaceship. I was shocked he was suprizingly pulling ahead I was sure i would have him at the jump but i was falling behind to the extent of about a half car length; then the Buicks automatic transmission shifted, i started pulling ahead then at about 70 mhp; we finished to race at a tie. It was Great!!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Reminds of a web site I visited. Drag day in the midwest. Guy is driving his 13 sec magic wagon taking down camaros and such. He put a shelby turbo engine in it :shock:
-Wil

·
Registered
15 Posts
add_tooth said:
HAHAHA that is funny van vs a geo, that reminds me of what my friends and i do, we find these slow cars and race them. its just fun to see these cars we choose drag racing down the road. like just reciently i raced a 84 ford ranger that had been romped to hell, the thing steams out the a/c vents, this thing has steam burn all over the dash and overheats even if it is filled to the brim with fluids, well that Vs. a 1964 buick automatic (all original engine parts). I was driving the Buick. Well the race started the person in the ranger floors its as do i; but when 35 mph hit he hadent shifted the ranger in to second the engine was just screaming the thing sounds stupid anyways, it makes these high pitch buzzing sounds, sounds a low budget movie would give to a spaceship. I was shocked he was suprizingly pulling ahead I was sure i would have him at the jump but i was falling behind to the extent of about a half car length; then the Buicks automatic transmission shifted, i started pulling ahead then at about 70 mhp; we finished to race at a tie. It was Great!!
uhh.. didnt you already post that? hmzzz :roll:

·
Registered
151 Posts
2.2L Turbo

Those Shelby 2.2L turbo motors is no joke... they are great motors and alot of parts to make it fast... I have a couple of friends... one has a DODGE OMNI that runs mid 11s and the other one is a full tube nascar chassis w a dodge charger body and the race car has a 2.2L built motor w/ a fast motion turbo and a complete wet system NOS and that thing run a low 10's and it is in a RWD form

That is why when ever a dodge/chrysler sub compact car is revving me... I think twice... those are montsers

Supra BOB got one of those car w/ the Shelby motor on it

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You can get a video of a Caravan beating a Z28 on 1/4 mile Kazaa... Keywords Minivan, Z28. The crouds reactions are as funny as the race itself! :D :D

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Re: 2.2L Turbo

ITSUKI Drifter said:
That is why when ever a dodge/chrysler sub compact car is revving me... I think twice... those are montsers

Supra BOB got one of those car w/ the Shelby motor on it
Carrol Shelby is a genius :)

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
TOYMAN321 said:
You can get a video of a Caravan beating a Z28 on 1/4 mile Kazaa... Keywords Minivan, Z28. The crouds reactions are as funny as the race itself! :D :D
Sounds like the video I saw (magic wagon/caravan-shiny boxes to me :lol: )
-Wil

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
those 2.2 turbos are sick... i drove a beat up rental car in florida with the 2.2 turbo, fun fun fun.

four door, beat down, ugly with "american rentals" stickers on it, and i was destroying old mustangs and all sorts of other fastish cars.

funnily enough, the first time i was beaten in that car was by a mk3T

sweet black/grey car driven by a guy who looked like a drug dealer (2 cellphones, gun in the glovebox, more gold and diamonds than all the mines in africa...)

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
my first car was a 1994 geo metro... and, yes, it was a slow bastard, but there are a few to watch out for, namely:

'89-94 suzuki swift GT's. 1700lbs and 100hp, quick little bastards.

and then there's the turbo sprints... you haven't driven a go kart on the road until you get in one of these things, especially if it's the older (pre-'89) models. 70hp and 118ft.lb of torque.. doesn't sound like much, but jesus.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
jr85mk2 said:
Aren't those a 3 cyl turbo? :shock:
yep...1.3liter I think. Maybe 1.2. There are motorcycles with bigger engines. Like that new Honda 1800cc :shock:

-Wil

1 - 19 of 19 Posts