Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okey here goes.

I currently have a '82 with the stock 5MGE that im trying to sell. HOWEVER my friend has informed me that he may be getting rid of his MKIII. In fact hes thinking for junking it. I told that b4 he goes that route to give me the car. =) The body is all jacked up and dented and basically nasty. BUT its got the turbo engine.

What I want to know is this:

Since both cars need some work just in different places, should I just pull the turbo engine out of the MKIII and put it in the '82?

If so how would I go about doing this and what parts if any would I need to purchase since I will have a complete running donar turbo car.

One more thing. the MKIII is an auto so what would I need to put it in my 82 with the 5 speed?
If i chance the fly wheel will the engine bolt up to the stock 5 speed?
IF so will it handle the power of the stock turbo engine?

I know i wrote alot and asked alot of semi random questions but If i get this MKIII for next to nothing then im gonna keep the 82 other wise ill just sell them both.

Any input is great.

·
Super Moderator
8,525 Posts
Well you'll have to do all the odd fabrication to mount the IC, oil filter, exhaust, etc. You'll need to buy the usual K&N FIPK (or HKS SMF), oil filter relocator, tach adapter etc. All of this stuff is covered in the FAQ on celicasupra.com. Whether you want to do it is up to you. Plan on having your car down for a while when you do the install. Make sure you've got extra cash to cover the extras. Also your orginal flywheel will work fine, you'll need a better clutch as well. You can also use the auto ECU and harness. Plan on fixing the HG while you are there. If the engine doesn't have a metal HG do it when you remove the engine.
I see you are in the bay area. If your not interested let me know I might be interested in buying the MkIII if its somewhere around the bay area.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turns out my buddy is only gonna sell the supra if I buy it. But i would be happy to sell it to you if you want. I just got a 2nd gen RX7 as payment for some work I did and it just became my main priority.

How much were u thinking about buying the MKIII for?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts