Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Founding Member
6,746 Posts
I'm not a big fan of window tint either, but here in Texas, I can understand and forgive those who've installed it. If you have to park outside at work for 8 to 10 hours a day, five days a week, its better to have the tint to cut out as much of the ultraviolent light as possible vs just letting the old sun destroy all the organic materials inside the car. Ironically, we have that tint to thank for the Supra even surviving, let alone in such good condition. Had the interior been allowed to bake away in the Florida sun through the 90s, the value would have been so low by about the year 2000, that it would have been sold to a teenager as a cash car and very likely been destroyed. Now that its survived to be a classic car, presumably only exposed to the sun for a few hours a week, then it doesn't need the tint anymore and will look better without it for sure.

· Founding Member
6,746 Posts
Thanks. I may check into that clear tint before summer. My office relocated one year ago and we don't have our own parking garage anymore. Last summer I paid $100/month to park in a garage about a half mile walk from our building. My DD is a Jaguar and they have a tendency for the leather dash to come unglued if parked in the heat for extended periods.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts