Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sending my rims to Love20bee to get them upsized to 16x8. I said I want +10 offset in the front and -10 in the rear.
Most people run a 0 offset all around which leads to a bit further out in front and a bit tucked in the rear than I would like. I have heard maybe a +5 front and -15 rear may be better but have not seen any pictures.
Does anyone have good front on/back on pics of these offsets for any ??x8" rims?
I am not extremely lowered. Stock height in rear and -1.5" in front.

·
Registered
499 Posts
The sizing I was aiming for was... 8" 0 offset front and 9.5" 0 offset rear. 8" -15 rear should easily be doable. In the pic below, my rear camber has been pulled out so there should be way more room than that on an mk2 that hasn't had camber correction done on the rear.

I believe in this pic I have 16x9 +15 wheels running a 5mm spacer on front (effectively +10 offset) with 215 tires... and... 16x9 +15 running with 25mm on the rear (effectively -10 offset) with 225 tires.

EDIT: just so you know, on the front... +10 offset on a 16x9 with stock strut housings was really close in regards to clearance if I recall correctly.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Cool, I've always wondered what that might look like...

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update:
So the 1st pic of of the step and 3 piece. This is only available for 17". I think this will leave the centers looking too small and I am looking for a bit more side wall. Granted it will only go from a 245/40/17 to 225/50/16.
The second pic of the trumpet 3 piece is what I will be getting and is available for 15" & 16"
The third pic of the trumpet is also available for 15" & 16"
Cost is about $2000. I haven't paid yet so that isn't final.
My rims are not the best as far as cleanliness. They are just like any old ones that were daily driven and washed every so often. I am wondering how much they will clean up the wheels in this process. They said the do clean them a bit.

·
Super Moderator
10,487 Posts
You should glass bead them, then sand them level, polish them and paint the inner sides of the spokes in black. Clear coat over all of it looks great at first, but doesn't last in my experience.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have 17" now and want a bit more side wall. If at some point in the future 16" runs out of options then I will have to switch. Right now there is will over 100 tire options for 225/50/16. I am only looking for street tire. I don't plan on auto cross or racing anytime soon.
I can't find 4 15" rims anyway. I have been looking.

·
Super Moderator
10,487 Posts
Yeah 225/50-16 is a common oem size, it will likely be around a long time. Unfortunately its a little taller then stock so it can be tough for aggressively lowered cars to fit nicely up front sometimes.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have stock height dobinsons in the rear and lowered (-1.5) dobinsons in the front. So not too aggressively lowered. The 225/50/16 is pretty close to stock height. I am thinking 245/45/16 in rear (not much selection at that size), which are about stock height as well.
Currently I have 245/40/17 all around and they fit just fine. Not much room to the front struts though. Only wish I knew the offset.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
... I am thinking 245/45/16 in rear (not much selection at that size), ...
That's the truth, 245/45r16 was a stock tire size for a late 80's Porsche and not much else. I'm currently running a toyo proxis T1-R in this size, was the only thing available when I last checked (that DOT rated anyways)...

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I finally went and measured my 17s.
They are 17x8.5 with 5" backspacing so a +6 offset.
The combination I am settling on is 16x8+5 in the front w/225/50/16 and 16x8-15 in the rear w/245/50/16. Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 for the rubber just because they come in both sizes and are an all season tire.
I will update when I finally get the rims.
Alway appreciate the feedback. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Depending on how many miles you plan on getting out of your tires, you'd be better off getting 4 identical wheels done up and running 20mm spacers out back so you can rotate front to back. I would bet you'll get more traction out of a 225/50 Pilot Sport A/S(they're the gold standard for streetable track tires) than a 245 Cooper, and if you're rotating em more life as well for not much more money up front.
Now if you're trying to get the raddest looking custom wheels done up, no question a negative offset rear wheel is going to look awesome. Love seeing lips that don't match.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@gamble Thanks. Something to think about. I am going to probably only put 5-8K on a year. Not too worried about tire wear. I am going for a look that is functional at them moment.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I went with the 16x8 +5(front) -15(rear)
I should get them by the end of the month. I hope.
Wow. That's exciting. Post pictures of it once you have received it. I am also looking for wheel and tire packages for my '02 Supra on Tire Rack and 4wheelonline.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts