Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Glass Fuse Spec??

Tags
glass fuse
1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Chriqs 
#1 ·
In my 85 Supra, I found out I have a bad glass fuse, the one that goes from positive battery terminal, to the fusible links. (I'm assuming that's factory?)
Anyway, the glass fuse in it was 35A 32V. Is this the factory spec fuse? Or did the previous owner mistakenly use the wrong one? Any help clarifying what the factory spec glass fuse to be used it would be much appreciated! Thanks

#2 ·
There's not fuse like that on the car. The fusible links connect direct to the battery and serve as the main system fuses that feed into the other areas of the car. Sounds like maybe the previous owner added something and maybe replaced the fusible link with regular wire. 35A is way too small if that is the larger fusible link.

#3 ·
Pics of "fuse"??

#4 ·
Those glass fuses aren't too uncommon in the aftermarket stereo world. You sure its actually hooked up to the factory wiring and not just there to power a subwoofer ampliefier? If it is wired up to the factory wiring, someone added it, perhaps to replace the black box with the main fusable link in it.

#5 ·
Sorry for the lack of updates! Turns out it was something aftermarket installed way back when. Replaced the fuse and everything is working again. I guess they installed a glass fuse before the fusible links as a protection device? Sorry for the confusion everyone

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.