Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im wondering if it possible to just unhook the fuel pump in my tank and then take my external pump from my parts car and just hook the fuel lines up to that. will this work? cuz im too lazy to drop the tank and take the pump out.

·
Super Moderator
8,413 Posts
You need to take the tank down remove the fump pump pickup and switch it for the pickup with out the pump. I wouldn't worry about dropping the tank its really easy.

·
Registered
177 Posts
:eek:nfire: Thats how my car was hooked up when I got it, didn't run well till I trashed the external pump and got new pump in tank. Probably would have been okay to just remove internal pump and replace with fuel pickup

·
Founding Member
6,434 Posts
You don't want to try to suck fuel through a 5/16" line and a dead pump. Use your pickup tube and 1/2" siphon hose from the parts car or better yet, just replace the in-tank pump. There is definately a reason why Toyota engineers moved the pump into the tank in the first place. BTDT

Phil D.

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
In-tank fuel pumps run cooler and also run quieter. I think this may be why Toyota made the change on the later year 84-86 MKII's.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Are you sure it was 84, cuz I just pulled my 83L partscar tank and it was in-tank. Unless someone switched it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts