Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Sergey, I am from Russia, the city of Pskov. I started the restoration of Toyota Celica Supra MA 61 and I really need photos of the interior, ceiling, as well as various wiring diagrams. I'm sorry for my bad english.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hello Sergey and a warm welcome! I had to use wikipedia to learn about your home town! Your English is just about perfect (much better than my Russian :D

I have a 1983 European model (without the side mouldings though); it is currently in an underground storage preparing for hibernation but not far from the place where I live; if you can give me instructions I can try and take pictures of the desired parts and areas for you, as far as my car is still in good shape. (steering column covers are currently off as I am still searching for a wiper switch).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Sergey and a warm welcome! I had to use wikipedia to learn about your home town! Your English is just about perfect (much better than my Russian :D

I have a 1983 European model (without the side mouldings though); it is currently in an underground storage preparing for hibernation but not far from the place where I live; if you can give me instructions I can try and take pictures of the desired parts and areas for you, as far as my car is still in good shape. (steering column covers are currently off as I am still searching for a wiper switch).
First of all, I am interested in the ceiling sheathing and also the ceiling lamp. Unfortunately, these things were completely lost on my car.

·
Super Moderator
8,451 Posts
Best bet for detail photos is to look thru the better BAT auctions;

scroll down and click the photo with the plus icon to see them all.

These are all US cars though. It looks like you have an XX though.

·
Super Moderator
10,594 Posts
Hard to say if its an XX, Euros got some of the JDM bits, and they had LTypes too didn't they?

Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Sergej, do you have an email address (PM me); I took some picture but they are quite large and possibly not the best quality. Don't feel the need to flood the forum (unless told otherwise of course).

·
Premium Member
8,064 Posts
Sergey, Welcome to the forums! What year is your Celica Supra??

·
Registered
7,232 Posts
Seems like an 82-83 from the front bumper. The TSRM wiring diagram from cygnus is not appropriate (86).
Should be closer to the 82 available from here.

There was another Russian member longgggg time ago!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Looks like an 82-83 to me also. Perhaps a late '83 that was registered as an '84? On the driver's side door jamb there should be a data plate like this one that shows the month and year that the car was built: Edit: Just occurred to me that perhaps this extra data plate may only be on North American or U.S. cars? Bob

11-13 Edit: This plate is actually on the rear end of the door, not the door jamb.

·
Super Moderator
10,594 Posts
Obviously its an early front end at least, it has the early side markers too, but is it an XX or a Euro LType is the question? We can't even tell if it's RHD in that pic lol.

·
Registered
7,232 Posts
very deceiving from you Seamus 😉.
Wipers clearly show it as LHD, which rules out XX.

From his other thread, has 84+ door handles, and he states that front end was replaced after an accident. Tail lights being different in Europe, harder to say.
But very possible it's an 84.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
very deceiving from you Seamus 😉.
Wipers clearly show it as LHD, which rules out XX.

From his other thread, has 84+ door handles, and he states that front end was replaced after an accident. Tail lights being different in Europe, harder to say.
But very possible it's an 84.
The front was replaced not because of an accident, but because of corrosion. In Moscow, where this car drove before, the roads are treated with very strong reagents and therefore the metal very quickly deteriorates.

·
Tomitoyo
45 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Spain, I have also known your city through photos on the internet, and it seems to me a very beautiful place. Go ahead with the restoration of your "dragon" is a fairly complete L Type, you will leave it perfect for sure ...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow, welcome to the forum Serguy, she's a beauty. I didn't realise the Celica Supra was ever released in Russia. Where did you find her, I assume they are rare?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow, welcome to the forum Serguy, she's a beauty. I didn't realise the Celica Supra was ever released in Russia. Where did you find her, I assume they are rare?
I apologize for the long answer. I'm sick of Covid.
These cars were never made for the Russian market and were simply imported. Some from Japan, some from Europe. It is in this body that I know no more than 15 cars throughout the country.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Oh sh!t, Covid sucks. Wishing you the best and that it is not too bad! Get well soon!

·
Registered
7,232 Posts
Get better yourself first, we needcyou to fix that car after! 👍

1 - 20 of 21 Posts