Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Good afternoon. I am rebuilding Toyota Celica Supra MA61

3K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Cofe1939 
#1 ·
My name is Sergey, I am from Russia, the city of Pskov. I started the restoration of Toyota Celica Supra MA 61 and I really need photos of the interior, ceiling, as well as various wiring diagrams. I'm sorry for my bad english.

See less See more
#3 ·
Hello Sergey and a warm welcome! I had to use wikipedia to learn about your home town! Your English is just about perfect (much better than my Russian :D

I have a 1983 European model (without the side mouldings though); it is currently in an underground storage preparing for hibernation but not far from the place where I live; if you can give me instructions I can try and take pictures of the desired parts and areas for you, as far as my car is still in good shape. (steering column covers are currently off as I am still searching for a wiper switch).

#6 ·
Best bet for detail photos is to look thru the better BAT auctions;

scroll down and click the photo with the plus icon to see them all.

These are all US cars though. It looks like you have an XX though.

#9 ·
Sergey, Welcome to the forums! What year is your Celica Supra??

#10 ·
Seems like an 82-83 from the front bumper. The TSRM wiring diagram from cygnus is not appropriate (86).
Should be closer to the 82 available from here.

There was another Russian member longgggg time ago!

#12 · (Edited)
Looks like an 82-83 to me also. Perhaps a late '83 that was registered as an '84? On the driver's side door jamb there should be a data plate like this one that shows the month and year that the car was built: Edit: Just occurred to me that perhaps this extra data plate may only be on North American or U.S. cars? Bob

11-13 Edit: This plate is actually on the rear end of the door, not the door jamb.

#14 · (Edited)
very deceiving from you Seamus 😉.
Wipers clearly show it as LHD, which rules out XX.

From his other thread, has 84+ door handles, and he states that front end was replaced after an accident. Tail lights being different in Europe, harder to say.
But very possible it's an 84.

#15 ·
very deceiving from you Seamus 😉.
Wipers clearly show it as LHD, which rules out XX.

From his other thread, has 84+ door handles, and he states that front end was replaced after an accident. Tail lights being different in Europe, harder to say.
But very possible it's an 84.
The front was replaced not because of an accident, but because of corrosion. In Moscow, where this car drove before, the roads are treated with very strong reagents and therefore the metal very quickly deteriorates.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.