Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody think this guy is asking too much for this:

Please click here because the link was way too FREAKIN BIG!

[edited by admin]

·
Premium Member
5,572 Posts
wow

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
:yumyum: Gray Leather Int. on a Black 85 :yumyum: :drool: :whutthef: $10K :banghead:
Although I wouldnt be surprised these car go for that much in 10/15 years :pray:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Give me a second, I need a towel. One thing I picked up on,
how do you have 38k mi on the car and have tires in excellent
cond w/ no visible sign of wear? I think 10 is a bit steep. Maybe
if it still had only the 7 orig miles.

·
Registered
191 Posts
THEY DID COME WITN GREY LEATH..INTR... MINE HAS IT.. ANY 10000 IS ALOT OF MONEY FOR AN 85. BUT IT IS STILL IN (PRETTY MUCH SHOWROOM COND...) MINE LOOKs great , just a few minor details but...its the same style yr n everything.. loaded.. i paid 500$ for it. had to do 500$ more to git it good for the road, damn rear control arms.. you can prob git a really good , ok milage, 7m-gte fo that price... shop around.. take your time.. (srry bout the caps)

·
Premium Member
5,572 Posts
that isnt the only one - list all the 82-86 supras at any distance from your zip!

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Supra for sale

Yea I'm going to look around alright, I was just wondering what you Supra heads thought about the price on it thats all.The reason I said Supra heads is that I've always been a Gelica GT-S man....mine was a 1985 hatchback with over 200k miles on it till I blew it up on the autobahn(dumbass) mad . I've always liked that body shape and the fact that they were so easy to work on till they went to front wheel drive and outpriced the value that you got for the vehicle. At this point I'd like to get back into the "toyota" lifestyle and move up to a Supra...But heres the problem whats the real deal on the engines? are they a bear to work on, and what is the main problems that I can encounter with them? I hope I havent pissed anyone off. I feel like I sneaked into "the secret society"

·
Registered
791 Posts
Uhh, did anyone else notice the front driver's foglamp all rusted? I know I'm not a rocket scientist, but if it has that type of damage, I'd be thinkin' that it has indeed seen some road salt, or at the very least a bunch of rain! Taking a Supra out once in a while, with 38k, I can't imagine that it would have that type of damage. On top of that, the motor is a bit dirty for just 38k. My Durango has 74k and is cleaner than that, and I've wheeled it many times!!!
Just my own opinion though, flame away folks!!!

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
its definatly seen some rain. The car looks nice, but the owner isn't a meticulous enthusiast, just someone who rarely drives his car and it shows. I'd start at 7000us for that car if I were him.

·
Premium Member
5,572 Posts
Re: Supra for sale

CELICA GTS said:
I've always been a Gelica GT-S man.... At this point I'd like to get back into the "toyota" lifestyle and move up to a Supra...But heres the problem whats the real deal on the engines? are they a bear to work on, and what is the main problems that I can encounter with them? I hope I havent pissed anyone off. I feel like I sneaked into "the secret society"
Welcome to the Inner Sanctum. Easy to work on. Very forgiving. Most common problem is probably Blown Head Gaskets. I've owned 10 Supras over the years and have had four BHG's - one on an 81 5me, two on 91 7mgte's and one on an 85 5mge. Straight six has a lot of surface to keep mated together between head and block. Other than that, they're bulletproof - except for a couple on a current thread showing cracks and holes - good pix.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
well, for one, id knock off about 1000 for the no smoking sticker on the dash, and another 1000 cause its seen some serious water in that foglight.

id have to see some proper pics of the interior, where its not washed out with about 2x too much sunlight to judge, but why would you try to sell a car for 10k and not take the towels outa the backseat?
from a detailer and sometimes show judge stand point, it looks like your trying to hide that dogpiss stain on your seat.

im too lazy to figure out the data plate, but who knows whether or not its accurate without doing so. also, the pic maybe fuxored, but it looks to me like theres some water staining creeping out from behind the plate.

hmm, i got started now... lol

the passenger side window control surround plate is warped and starting to curl, on a 10k car, i wouldnt pay for that.
the shift boot looks rather loose, kinda worn around the top edge, but again, that maybe just the photo.

there are no pics of the rear of the car? why?
also, no close ups, if your car is so mint, why not take a nice close pic to show how mint it is?

buncha crud around the cap on the master cylinder...

shall i go on?
lmao, ill shut up now, i think ive been unkind enough.

·
Registered
791 Posts
LOL!!!! You're funny Dogstar! Guess I gotcha started eh???

I think it should be dropped to a normal price of $2500.00, maybe $3500.00, but that's just my opinion!

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
well, i dunno, maybe i was a bit harsh, but if your asking a concourse price for something, it damned well better be concourse quality... :)

and yeah, i used to judge shows for a while, so i am picky. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts