Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys;

I posted this in my vendor section but also thought to add it here too just. This is the first video I took with the GoPro HD that just arrived...video was shot at 720p; I only have a 4gig card and didn't want to go full 1080p and no point really.

I'm so far really impressed as you can really hear what the exhaust sounds like on the inside of the car. Same with the music which wasn't that high...even the rain and outside noises came through pretty clear.

Hope ya'll enjoy.

**VIDEO REMOVED FOR "EDITING"**

·
Registered
304 Posts
Who knew a Yaris could be such a snarling little beastie? Nice driving by the way.

Any in-car vids of your MK2 exhausts? I'd like to get one, but I have concerns about noise levels for my 45 yr. old ears.

·
Registered
304 Posts
The MK2 exhausts are loud; but my first project in 2010 is to develop a RaptorRacing "quiet" exhaust system for those who want the look of my systems but want the volume toned down a little.
Does your aftermarket cat help at all? I could also run just the test pipe as there's no e-testing here, but I suspect that has to be louder than the cat. Like you say in your exhaust thread, these 25 year-old cats are probably overdue for removal...

I don't even mind loud around town if the sound is good, I'm just not a fan of the 'drone' on the highway. I'd still take too loud over the totally silent system on my car now, and to be honest, it's more of a garage queen that's not going be on the open road too much so I shouldn't have to deal with the drone much anyways.

Thanks for the communication. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
437 Posts
Does your aftermarket cat help at all? I could also run just the test pipe as there's no e-testing here, but I suspect that has to be louder than the cat. Like you say in your exhaust thread, these 25 year-old cats are probably overdue for removal...

I don't even mind loud around town if the sound is good, I'm just not a fan of the 'drone' on the highway. I'd still take too loud over the totally silent system on my car now, and to be honest, it's more of a garage queen that's not going be on the open road too much so I shouldn't have to deal with the drone much anyways.

Thanks for the communication. :thumbsup:
George; those are some nice driving skills. The picture and sound quality looks pretty good! I'm now very tempted to get one.

Scoobynut; I have the full raptor exhaust. The 6-1 header, test pipe, and 2.5" cat-back system and I love the sound of it. Below 3000 rpm its pretty quiet but if you take it any further shes screaming like a banshee.

·
Registered
304 Posts
George; those are some nice driving skills. The picture and sound quality looks pretty good! I'm now very tempted to get one.

Scoobynut; I have the full raptor exhaust. The 6-1 header, test pipe, and 2.5" cat-back system and I love the sound of it. Below 3000 rpm its pretty quiet but if you take it any further shes screaming like a banshee.

84 Soup, thanks for the input; I probably won't go the header route so I wonder if deleting the header will lower the decibels a bit? Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
George, you put the YARRRRRRRR in Yaris. I order the same exact thing when I go to timmys.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts

Just to add its a clean sound tho, not raspy or poppy like a lot of exhaust tones.

·
Registered
434 Posts
this video almost makes me want a yaris........lol. you're driving it like a beast! with my luck i would hit an ice patch somewhere lol. I gotta to get a go pro! Tax time please hurry!

·
Super Moderator
7,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Honestly...I absolutely LOVE this car. Incredibly fun to drive; very nimble and when the snow comes it's absolutely badass at snow drifting.

I've been beating the crap out of cars in the winter since i was a teenager ...I've smacked a lot of curbs and dented more than my share of rims. In the end good tires are king in the winter. I ran the yaris up on an island in a parking lot last year...thankfully no damage done :duh:.

I'm a LOT more comfortable beating the snot of a car in the winter then in the dry...dry makes you overconfident...well at least it does with me. In the winter you have to be 100% aware of EVERYTHING or your car is going for a ride without your input.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Honestly...I absolutely LOVE this car. Incredibly fun to drive; very nimble and when the snow comes it's absolutely badass at snow drifting.

I've been beating the crap out of cars in the winter since i was a teenager ...I've smacked a lot of curbs and dented more than my share of rims. In the end good tires are king in the winter. I ran the yaris up on an island in a parking lot last year...thankfully no damage done :duh:.

I'm a LOT more comfortable beating the snot of a car in the winter then in the dry...dry makes you overconfident...well at least it does with me. In the winter you have to be 100% aware of EVERYTHING or your car is going for a ride without your input.
Myself, I'd never considered a Yaris before seeing your video; now I think it would be a fun, cool little runabout.

Thanks also, George (and everyone else who chimed in), for the input about the exhaust. I will be ordering one shortly after tires and a few other required maintenance items get taken care of.

·
Registered
434 Posts
i know you've probably answered this before any suspension work?it shifts great! and like you mentioned pretty nimble! at somepoint or another we bashed toyota for not making any fun cars but is this one that many of us overlooked? any aftermarket support for it? i'm gonna do some research! lol

·
Super Moderator
7,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have Tanabe springs; Tanabe front STB and Whiteline Rear adjustable swaybar that I commissioned Whiteline to design. There is plenty aftermarket for this car; Blitz has an awesome supercharger with an 3 position electric clutch...so you can turn it off to have a 100% bone stock car. If both my Supra's were done that bad boy would be on here. Its nothing crazy but turns it from a 17second 1/4mile car to a 15second 1/4mile car...if anything it will shock the &$#* out of who you are racing :).

I have my own axle back system for the car too that will be sold very soon; that's whats on the car now...here's what it looks like:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts