Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a call today offering my a job opportunity. As of this afternoon, I'm employed by Fenner Dunlop. I'll be helping make conveyor belts. The cool thing is that I'll be working at the same plant Chris (Linchmob) is working at, on the same shift. It'll be cool to see two mkII Supras every day. This is the first I've had a public job since January, when I was laid off by a concrete company I worked for. I would keep landscaping, but I can't do it myself anymore. Anyway, I have to go to the clinic at 10:00am to have a physical :ugh: Drug test, hearing test, and to take another written test. Anyway, just figured I would share, I am super happy. Hellooooo more parts for the mkII's!

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
thats good news !!!! try to keep your job !!!! is hard for some many people to get a job.:salute:

·
Registered
839 Posts
WOOT!!!! Awesome, man!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Congrats, Cody! I know I don't have to tell you how hard it is to get and KEEP a job these days, so don't screw it up, man.:thumbsup: See ya soon.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Appreciate it Keith. I'm going to hold onto this one with my life. I tried to keep the other one, but work got slow, I was the last one hired, so I was the first one gone..

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Way to go Cody! I just keep the mindset of going in every day and EARNING my paycheck. I clean up when there is nothing to do, and always try to stay busy. The boss always notices the hard workers, and tries to keep them around. Also, to impress the boss, go in and request to be trained in by the best, fastest person there. When he asks "Why?" you answer with confidence "Because I'm going to learn to beat him." :) Good luck with it!

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. I'm pretty excited. It'll be really nice to have some extra money in my pocket. Last thing I was able to afford was a small can of primer, and I was even pushing my luck money wise buying that.. I'm currently getting ready to head to the clinic for my physical and all.

·
Registered
599 Posts
CONGRATS CELICA FANATIC....pretty good feeling after time off huh ? good luck with the physical...turn head cough !!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Congrats Cody,
The good jobs out there are getting harder, and harder to find and keep. Really glad this worked out for you.

·
Registered
472 Posts
congrats man!!!

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Appreciate it Travis, Danny. Passed the drug test and all, and I start at 7:00am in the morning.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts