Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to make sure the turbo. mani cleared everything before I welded on my v-band flange for my tial wastegate so I just put everything in to get an idea of what everything is going to look like. The int. mani and cam covers were sandblasted and Im going to get those powdercoated this week. Still have a lot left to do!

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
im jealous..... looks great

·
Registered
15,035 Posts
you gonna get a non traction control throttlebody to put on that intake and have it powdercoated as well? that would look sweet. what color you going with?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
What are the dimentions on your runner manifold, eg length and diameter? Looking good so far

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you gonna get a non traction control throttlebody to put on that intake and have it powdercoated as well? that would look sweet. what color you going with?
Im going to go with flat black for pretty much everything lol. I was thinking about polishing the intake mani and camcovers but thats just not me. If I can find a non TRC throttle body then I will but if not Ill just keep it the way it is and clean it all up and powdercoated it as well. I have a Q45 TB but I wont use that unless I get or make a FFIM.

What are the dimensions on your runner manifold, eg length and diameter? Looking good so far
What do you mean by runner manifold? Are you talking about the turbo manifold or the lower section of the intake manifold?

Thanks for all the good comments!

·
Registered
15,035 Posts
im sure he means your turbo manifold btw. also, the non traction control tb's shouldnt be hard to find or exspensive. and itll be alot shorter and look alot cleaner. you cant use the traction control anyway as you dont have the abs sensors at the wheels on the mk2. lol. also, did you see the 75mm tb i plan to use when i make my ffi? its on page 12 of the cardomain for my 84. itsa ford unit. very clean and simple. lol. but it is polished. i plan to bling out my engine bay whe nthe new engine goes in. only other bling on the car will be my wheels i want. 17x8 front and 17x10 rear, 0 offset. polished lips with anthracite centers.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im sure he means your turbo manifold btw. also, the non traction control tb's shouldnt be hard to find or exspensive. and itll be alot shorter and look alot cleaner. you cant use the traction control anyway as you dont have the abs sensors at the wheels on the mk2. lol. also, did you see the 75mm tb i plan to use when i make my ffi? its on page 12 of the cardomain for my 84. itsa ford unit. very clean and simple. lol. but it is polished. i plan to bling out my engine bay whe nthe new engine goes in. only other bling on the car will be my wheels i want. 17x8 front and 17x10 rear, 0 offset. polished lips with anthracite centers.
Im prob gonna just cut the TRC off the TB and weld up the holes, its been done a bunch of times already and its pretty simple. I also might mount my BOV on the TB but Im still thinking about it. I just wish I had a welder at my house instead of having to do everything on my breaks at work, which only amount to about an hour:faint:

·
Registered
15,035 Posts
well, im in the oposite boat. i have a nice huge tig, but cant use the damn thing as i dont have anywhere to run it. lol.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, im in the oposite boat. i have a nice huge tig, but cant use the damn thing as i dont have anywhere to run it. lol.
A TIG is the first thing Im gonna buy when my swap is done.

·
Registered
15,035 Posts
i got an old miller 320 b/a p 300 amp output in dc and ac and has high freq built in, continuous and start, water cooled torch, etc... all capacitors have been replaced recently so none are leaking etc... its a huge sob though. lol. couldnt pas up the deal i got though. cant wait till i can use it and start practicing welding stainless and aluminum.

·
Registered
15,035 Posts
actually the guy i got it from said 800. lol. i dont think its that heavy though. my brother and one of his friends moved it as one of the wheels is jacked so it wouldnt roll. got to fix it later. i couldnt help, my back was messed up. ignore the mess in the storage unit. its been cleaned up a bit and now has ALOT more stuff in it. lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts