Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's a little riced out, but black, and dang! does it haul ass!
:D :D :D

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
Re: mk2 vs mk4

ITSUKI Drifter said:
i bet you my hot wheels black w/ gold rims 82 mk2 can beat that :wink:
Of course! All metal diecast construction on the classic! New Hot Wheels are half plastic.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Die-cast

Hey I finally bought the Matchbox Premiere Collection mkiv supra 1/64 scale.
You might of seen them when they came out in 1997, I have been looking for one since then.
A co-worker collects Hotwheels and restores old cars,
So while talking with him I just thought I would ask if he had any supras!
well for a cheap price, he also threw in a 100%-Hotwheels Viper :)

Another one for the collection.

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
The pearl white Matchbox '93? Got one of those myself. :)

·
Registered
521 Posts
Downshift said:
The pearl white Matchbox '93? Got one of those myself. :)
Yea I thought there would be someone here on this forum that would have one :wink: what else do you have?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I've got a Matchbox Gold Collection MK4 in Black 1 of 5000 made, it says 1994 on the bottom.

·
Registered
521 Posts
:eek: gold collection ? Sweet ! does it have the same wheels? Cause I have a reg Matchbox black but it has the five star wheels , not rubber.
Heres what I have so far :scratch:

One Red 82/hotwheels
One white 82/Motor max
One white 82/Custom.
two reg black mkiv
one reg crome mkiv
New-Premier Colection mkiv
New-Road&Track mkiv orange
New-F&F mkiv
New-dub City silver mkiv :throwup:
New-Hot wheels tsunami mkiv.
And other non supras.

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
Just the Supras? ;) My collection of diecast ranges from muscle cars to Gremlins, and even a Dodge Aries K wagon.

Hot Wheels: '82 Supra: red, black, teal, burgandy, and one customized white one to resemble my old car- with doors, hood, and hatch that open. I will post pictures later. "Super Tsunami" (customized MK IV) gold '01 First Edition, red Tech Tuners series, and green/black Treasure Hunt versions.

Tomica: white '82 Celica XX 2800 (Supra) with opening doors. Also, a 1978-1981 Celica with "SUPRA" graphics on the hood and doors.

Yatming: white '82 with red racing graphics #36, green (with "Celica Supper" on the baseplate.

Matchbox: '82 Supra (with opening hatch): white with racing decals, white with blue stripes (came with a removable monster truck chassis), and a pair of Bulgarian issues (won off of eBay): dark blue and tan-white. MK IVs: white with flames, the pearl white Premiere Edition, and several others that I can't recall at the moment. I do not have the limited Gold MK IV, although I do have 4 or 5 other Gold Collection Matchboxes in my possession. I also have several of the '78 Celicas with opening doors.

Motor Max (formerly Zylmex): this '82 should be a copy of the Tomica. Either way I do not have one in my collection, and I'm interested in knowing where you got yours, Dzone. I do have two of their white MK IVs, however (one is awaiting custom treatment and a set of monster truck wheels).

Majorette: an '86 Celica (non-Supra, but it has working pop-up headlights!)

I forget the name of the brand, but these cars light up... MK IV red/yellow/green #53.

Johnny Lightning has yet to make a Supra. :( But they have some nice Civics, Integras, and even Skylines with your choice of stock colors or ricey graphics. I picked up a few of these- they look great... eating Supra dust. ;)

Racing Champions: "The Fast and the Furious" and "2 Fast 2 Furious" Supras, and I hope to pick up the 5 pack with the purple and yellow Supras (as I believe the yellow one is a replica of the original movie car before it became the movie car).

Road & Track should be the Maisto cars sold by Wal*Mart, correct? I have heard they were making one this year, but I have yet to see it. I would love to see a picture of it.

That's just the Supras I have that I can think of off the top of my head.

The MK I has never been done in diecast, unless you count the Tomica version. The MK III has been done once (crudely) by Summer (noted for those 25 packs you see at K-Mart dirt cheap (I do not have this car). The MK II and MK IV were done by almost everyone.

If anyone would like me to scan a Supra, let me know and I'll do so.

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts

While I make customs myself, this one was not done by me. I'm not that skilled.

Fully opening Hot Wheels '82 Supra. Only things it doesn't have are working pop-up headlights and sliding moonroof. ;)

·
Registered
861 Posts
Does stripes are OFF THA HOOK YO! Damn dat biotch be lookin fine as a mofo. You ain'ts got nuttin on my MKII tho. She aint gots no engine in it yet, but I'll roll all over dat sheeit wit my double dueces , YA MEAN?!?! So go cruise that pimp azz ride and show me some of dat drift slide yo! ....LMAO! :lol: (Cool car man! ) 8)

Scotty

·
Registered
521 Posts

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
suprasrock said:
The MK I has never been done in diecast, unless you count the Tomica version
Diapet (Yonezawa) 1/30 scale
That rocks! Any in approx. 1/64th? That's my preferred scale.

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
Dzone said:
Dont know how it was done but thats a 1/64 scale mk2
alot of skill went into makeing the hood, door and hatch open.
nice collector car.
I have a picture of mine but I dont know how to past-it. :scratch:
But if you click on the my links you can see them.

http://www.geocities.com/mk2_85/whitered.jpg

www.geocities.com/mk2_85/Custom82.jpg
Very nicely done!

And yes, that was one of the Hot Wheels '82s (a black one to be precise). The rims are from (I think) Golden Wheels and are a decent match for the L-Type rims.

I wish I had a digital camera, as I would post more pictures.

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
suprasrock said:
Downshift

I've never really looked very hard for mk1s so I expect there's plenty of others, but these are the ones I know of in 1/60-1/64

Matchbox

Got all of these.

suprasrock said:
I have the white one with the Supra logos.

suprasrock said:
I have the orange one.

suprasrock said:
Dinky

Kidco
And I dont have either of these.

All are labeled as Celicas, however. But the Matchbox and Yatming grills sure look more like Supras. The Tomica grill seems to resemble the Celica more, however, as it is the Japanese market car that is modeled, I can't be 100% certain.

·
Registered
914 Posts
All are labeled as Celicas, however. But the Matchbox and Yatming grills sure look more like Supras. The Tomica grill seems to resemble the Celica more, however, as it is the Japanese market car that is modeled, I can't be 100% certain.
You're right, most of these are sold as Celica GTs.

I've found another one, a Zee I think

1 - 20 of 49 Posts