Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well today i get home from my mother in laws house, and see a package on my front step, i noticed the return address was from speedhut... hmm, just leaving $120 guages on my porch, not cool. oh well, i open them up, and sure enough, the only piece of rice you will see on my car, my reverse indiglo guages..

heres the link in case imagestation is being gay again
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/p74e2314b721d78b0007c367d2f1c5a1c/fc4c4435.jpg.orig.jpg

im gonna attempt to install them tonight, but its getting kinda late, and i hate working in the dark, but i will get them on this week. now if only my car was running so i could see what they look like turned on:(

·
Super Moderator
8,366 Posts
Those look pretty good. I would be curious to see what they look like when installed and lit up. Is reverse indiglo the ones the #s light up or is it the whole background? I'm just not update on all these ricer technologies :lol: . I would think if the whole background lit up that would be a whole lot of blue light.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I can't get he link to work, keeps telling me I cant view the whatever outside of Imagestation. :mad:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
SilverMk2 said:
Those look pretty good. I would be curious to see what they look like when installed and lit up. Is reverse indiglo the ones the #s light up or is it the whole background? I'm just not update on all these ricer technologies :lol: . I would think if the whole background lit up that would be a whole lot of blue light.
Goto Speedhut.com you can build your own set and see what they look like at night...no charge
-Wil

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Please post some pics up when you get it installed
<---still saving to buy one too

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got mine this week. Everything is in place, but I haven't hooked up the lights yet. I went with the reverse glo, silver face with blue lights. (My '85 is the two tone blue/silver combo). I had SUPRA logo on each guage. I think it looks great.

Hopefully I'll finish thewiring this weekend. :wink:

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
anyone got the pic's installed and at night perhaps?? thinking im gonna go ahead and order mine!

·
Banned
1,314 Posts
120 bucks dude! you got scammed. Way overpriced. I can get them on ebay for 50 dollars and that includes shipping. They have a choice between the guages you picked up and a newer style guage that fits the MK2. O well If you think 120 is worth it, and you like em then theres no complaining. I like the look of them at nite. Really light up the car! :)

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
50 bucks? Sounds wrong how about a link to one of these auctions.

Also for 120.00 you get to select every detail to match your taste sounds like a bargain to me.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I've seen the auctions on ebay for the indiglo gauges. A company called procarparts.com is putting them up. After a brief google search however I'm finding that their reputation is less than perfect. The people on the forums over at http://honda-acura.net appear to have had less than favorable dealings with them. Just do a search for procarparts on their forums and take a glance through the results. They have a horrible rating at http://resellerratings.com with ratings ranging from very dissafisfied to somewhat dissatisfied. I guess people are more likely to post bad experiences than good ones but their record isn't all that encouraging. They do have a good ebay rating of 97% but it appears that dealing with them is sort of hit or miss. I really wouldn't do their ebay auction though. It looks like its safer to buy from their online store for like $5 more. Plus, the only gauges they offer on ebay are the ones for automatics. I guess its ok for people with automatics but most of us have manuals I think. Even with all that I'm still tempted. They have the kind of gauges listed on ebay that I had ended up speccing out on speedhut...and less than half the price... Tempting. But I think I'll pass on both for now...

Update: Just popped onto the better business bureau. They have a negative rating there too.
-John

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Great.... The Honduh ricers don't like procarparts.com either huh??? And these guys have negetive feedback on ebay huh??? Good to know.

OH, AND BY THE WAY...... Before you go ripping Speedhut, do keep in mind that it was a Supra owner (a particular person who puts together the Vegas meet I might add & is very picky about detail) that got these guys to do indiglo's for us. And a couple of peeps here did provide the parts to them for the MKII dash prototype... And despite the price, Speedhut does come highly recommended...

And did you know that they offer different fonts & backrounds???? And they can also accomodate those peeps who have the Auto tranny's w/ the ECT & O/D lights on the dash??????..........................................

·
Registered
254 Posts
Just to be clear:
I am throwing procarparts reputation into question.
I am not maligning speedhut.

The custom gauges definitely look sweet. I just do not have the money right now to justify $100+ to replace part of my car that isn't broken. I'm sure $120 is a good deal for custom gauges especially for a car tbat traditionally has so little aftermarket support.

-John

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
I am not maligning speedhut.
This was for batmobile's reply........... Your reply was fine. Sorry about that......

BTW, good call for checking on the BBB in regards to procarparts

·
Banned
1,314 Posts
Im sorry about that. I didnt mean to be rude about the guages. I didnt realize they were custom guages, IE you can have them custom made to your liking. I thought they were the same as the speedhut guages. I have an automatic so the ebay ones work well for me. Anyways, if you are looking for cheaper guages like for 50 bucks, other than the 120 dollar customs, then the ones on ebay will work well.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
so has anybody used the ebay ones? i got an auto and was thinking about picking them up. but not if they aren't going to work properly.

·
Banned
1,314 Posts
Yea they work awesome. I did not buy them yet for my supra, just waiting for the cash. But i installed some for my cousin and the installation was easy. You need to make sure when you put them on that you are very careful putting it around the needles. Just be supercareful putting them on the face. It says you need to be a professional to install them. But it wasnt hard, just follow the instructions that come with them. You could have it done in under 2 hours.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts