Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 14 year old son uses the term "powned" for a kill on Call of Duty 4 or Halo. He says someone wrote "got owned" with a typo as "powned," and people laughed about it, but it stuck online. Can any of you gamers confirm this urban myth?

So I am on 44th Ave in Lynnwood, the main North-South drag through town. Heading North, after you pass the library and fire station (188th) 44th changes from a two lane to a one lane, after about 30 yards after the light. I am in pole position at the light, and a newer import on my right (I didn't even look at it at this point, but saw that a young man was driving). I instinctively knew that he was going to try to get ahead of me before his lane ended.

When the the light turned green, we both gunned it. We were neck and neck, but when I shifted to second gear at about 45 mph, and chirped the tires, his automatic got the few feet it needed to muscle into my lane. I slowed down and admitted defeat, not wanting to be arrested by the Lynnwood fascists for reckless.

That's when I saw that it was a late model Acura RL. I didn't feel too bad: My car is 23 years old and stock N/A (but 3.0 L 6MGE) and his Acura was probably 23 months old and definitely a 6 cyl., possibly 3.5L? Still, he just barely got me, and I hope that he thought he was going to totally blow away an ancient Toyota, but instead hopefully was impressed by my dinosaur.

·
Registered
472 Posts
sucks on got pwned but it is pwned not powned.

being a gamer i use this quite a bit.

if you have any questions check urbandictionary.com
that should answer any questions you may have... ever....

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
They have approx 300hp either 3.5L or 3.7L based on year. AWD too. Low 15sec car thanks to weight.

My 14 year old son uses the term "powned" for a kill on Call of Duty 4 or Halo. He says someone wrote "got owned" with a typo as "powned," and people laughed about it, but it stuck online. Can any of you gamers confirm this urban myth?

So I am on 44th Ave in Lynnwood, the main North-South drag through town. Heading North, after you pass the library and fire station (188th) 44th changes from a two lane to a one lane, after about 30 yards after the light. I am in pole position at the light, and a newer import on my right (I didn't even look at it at this point, but saw that a young man was driving). I instinctively knew that he was going to try to get ahead of me before his lane ended.

When the the light turned green, we both gunned it. We were neck and neck, but when I shifted to second gear at about 45 mph, and chirped the tires, his automatic got the few feet it needed to muscle into my lane. I slowed down and admitted defeat, not wanting to be arrested by the Lynnwood fascists for reckless.

That's when I saw that it was a late model Acura RL. I didn't feel too bad: My car is 23 years old and stock N/A (but 3.0 L 6MGE) and his Acura was probably 23 months old and definitely a 6 cyl., possibly 3.5L? Still, he just barely got me, and I hope that he thought he was going to totally blow away an ancient Toyota, but instead hopefully was impressed by my dinosaur.

·
Registered
357 Posts
yea if it was a brand new acura it will have had vvt as well, and revs up to like 8k. very fast car for a fwd.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Power Shifting

Thanks guys. Like I said, it was a very short stretch, before I backed off, and cutting the tires lose for just a second as I shifted to 2nd is where he got me. He probably thought he was all hot shit for besting a supra, but his brand new Acura RL was given a run for it's money in 1st gear by a N/A RWD Toyota that was decades older than his car, and older than the driver's life I'm sure!

DannyR: thanks for correcting me on pwned. I'll have to remember to consult the urbandictionary, to keep track of how you youth are changing the English language.

Does anyone have an opinion on "power shifting" in a stock MkII? I imagine it is hard on the clutch and transmission? Is it worth (me) learning and practicing, for those rare occasions when I might not want to lose a split second by shifting with full clutch at higher RPM's?

·
Registered
906 Posts
Still out trashing my diff. huh ? I'll be expecting a phone call, so you can get a price on what you'll be paying for it, as I no longer want one I didn't abuse myself .... and I'll expect payment by the end of the month.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Still out trashing my diff. huh ? I'll be expecting a phone call, so you can get a price on what you'll be paying for it, as I no longer want one I didn't abuse myself .... and I'll expect payment by the end of the month.
now thats some pwnage! ouch!!!!:duh:

·
Registered
906 Posts
now thats some pwnage! ouch!!!!:duh:
Well, I'd compare beating on BORROWED parts, to --- Taking a customer car out, and making a 150mph pass on the freeway, w/o them in the pass seat. I've made those runs, but, ALWAYS, with the owners permission, and the owner sitting next to me.

This is the SECOND thread, in as many weeks, about "street racing" with MY diff. in the car ... it's now his, and, I'm charging full retail ....

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Full retail for a used diff huh.

ouch. Stack on the loss that kinda hurts.

:eek:wned:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Full retail for a used diff huh.

ouch. Stack on the loss that kinda hurts.

:eek:wned:
You aren't using your head --- Full retail in this case = Full Servive Wrecking yard prices ... ie --- Nix 99 where I spent 18 years selling/pricing parts.

Let's see, he has a fully functional, obviously working very well diff. ...

I get $175, for JUST the 3.73 R+P. Another $175, for a GOOD LSD center section - those are shipped prices, when I have them - .... add a case, stub axles, and being a fully assembled bolt in unit, in THAT ratio .... see where this is going. Add in 6 months rental, as he has obviously NOT made ANY attempt to find another diff. --- I could make this price absolutely off the hook, and in reality, should ..... Guess being a "nice" guy doesn't get it in this community ---- I'll just be a total asshole from now on ... Just like the old days, but, with less booze flowing through my veins.:mfinger:

·
Registered
906 Posts
flipping off the veins or the booze, or both:sarcasm:

Guess I should have seperated the monkey a bit better from the text .... Flipping off Kurt ... who, by the way, is choosing to IGNORE my posts, and not sying anything publicly, privately via PM, or Make a phone call. Even after he has OBVIOUSLY logged in, 2 nights straight.

Price on that diff. is climbing every day in my mind ..... After talking to another "OG" about it, that # is going to bring a larger string of swearing from Kurt, than you guys have seen me post.

:zzzzz::naughty:

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Apology

I called Shawn today, but I feel he deserves a public apology on the forum.

I have not checked this thread since I wrote it. I'm sorry if it seemed like I was ignoring you, I just haven't been checking cs.com lately.

For those of you who don't know, when my rear diff died, Shawn was VERY generous and loaned me one because I couldn't afford to rebuild. I very much appreciate it Shawn, though I have not shown you the appreciation you deserve.

Other than the two brief instances I wrote about, I have really been driving gentle. But I have neglected to communicate with you regarding your diff, and I apologize.

As we discussed on the phone, I will be delivering some cash to you at the end of this month. Thank you for being so cool about it.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
As a retired gamer (retired until I can fund a PS3 or another 360) I have HEARD many of those lame-ass sayings. I use my own saying but if you don't play me you won't hear it...

I've heard, owned, pwned, pooned, poonage, raped, shanked, shake and baked, and so many others. Most of the time from people that I just smashed into the floor but still wanna talk some shit.

This race wasn't pwnage at all haha. I've been a few races where I literally was straight destroyed, they made me wanna go 7MGTE haha. It was hard for me to say no to a challenege, even when I knew I'd get beat, but how much I got beat is what made it worse.... :(

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
"og"

"OG"? Other Guys? Who are these mysterious "OG"'s commanding that a 27 year old non-rebuilt used diff is worth is $650.00? :) I'd be lucky to sell my whole supra in it's present condition for $650.00! LOL

·
Registered
906 Posts
"OG"? Other Guys? Who are these mysterious "OG"'s commanding that a 27 year old non-rebuilt used diff is worth is $650.00? :) I'd be lucky to sell my whole supra in it's present condition for $650.00! LOL
OG's --- Old Guys -- Original Guys -- Original Gangsters :)

Now, Punk Ass Little Bitch --- I was told to give you that price, and didn't, by OG's that know how long you have had MY PERSONAL diff. and KNOW the way you have ABUSED it. Returning it, IS NOT A FUCKING OPTION.

Myself, and others I have talked to, DO NOT believe, these are the ONLY 2 instances, where you beat the hell out of a BORROWED part. Remember, we have seen you at meets also. Story over the phone doesn't fly.

You = My car runs, fuck Shawn, he's a nice guy, and won't care. You chose to "forget" it was a part intended for MY PERSONAL car. You chose to NOT, go find a part in " amonth or two" <-- your words to me, when you - borrowed - a part.

As stated previously in this thread, and told to you over ther phone by me. I sell the gears alone, needing install for $175 shipped. I sell a known working LSD for the same. YOU, received, and very well working, COMPLETE BOLT IN, 3.73 LSD -- ASSEMBLY .... The price is $450, I don't care what anyone says about it being high ...

GO LOOK IN THE MIRROR --- Tell THAT GUY --- I FUCKED UP.

You took advantage of my generousity, and didn't solve your problem, abused a part ... YOU DON'T GET THE GOOD GUY DEAL !!!!!

You pay top dollar, for being a DICKHEAD !!!

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
Curt - I just bought a new Toyota 373 R&P for ~$600. Just the R&P. You need to get a grip on what stuff costs...you got a deal from Shawn.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts