Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was sitting at a light on Saturday afternoon, when a Tiburon pulls up next to me real quiet-like. I happen to glance over because this thing is just one of my favorite car colors ever..."Arrest-Me-Red"... Well, to say that the girl driving it was good looking is kinda like saying the Pope goes to church every so often...

So I smile, and as I do, she taps her gas a bit... gives it a little rev and smiles back.. Kinda surprised me that this girl wanted to race... Anyway, I figured why not... So when the light went, I dumped the clutch and lauched pretty good....

... and watched her pull away like I was stopped!!!

Next light, the exact same thing happened...

3rd light, I turn off the radio, and roll the window down... and as she lauches, I hear that familiar whine that a blower makes as it starts making boost.....

Finally, we ended up pulling into a 7-11 and I talked to her for a little while... She didn't know alot of the specifics of the build on the motor (her Brother built the car for her), but said was pushing 12 psi and had ~300 at the tires on that little thing...

Ended up buying her a Slurpee and walking away with her phone number....

...which I swear I will only use to get a rematch once the turbo is done.. :angel: :evil:

·
Registered
302 Posts
If your gonna be beaten by a car that's the way to do it!!! Hehe way to go....where do I find a girl like that??? 8)

·
Registered
790 Posts
Not to hijack this thread, but how does a stock Tiburon stack up against a Mk II. I was working a janitorial summer job about 2 years ago and I had this kid you kept talking shit about my old Mk II, so one day I layed down the smack on the econo-car he was using to commute. After that, it turned into "that car is faster than I thought, but my parents Tiburon could beat it" :? . As it turns out (because it was his parents car), I never got a chance to find out if it could?

Oh, back then I had a turbo muffler (curtisey of the pervious owner) and an open-air intake, but was otherwise stock

·
Super Moderator
8,220 Posts
Which bodystyle of Tiburon was it? The newer (much better looking ones) have V6s with like 180hp, so a 5M MkII would probably be in trouble. I can't imagine the older 4cyl or current 4cyl powered cars shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I never actually saw it, but it was about 2 years ago; I think that was before the 6 came out (I kinda want to testdrive a Tiburon GT since I read the article on it in MT); sooo lets assume it was a 4

1 - 6 of 6 Posts