Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
Had some cancer surgery on 2/12/2021 to 12/20/2021 . I wish that I brought more STUFF with me! 8 days.
4-6 hours of table time to get a laryngectomy because my vocal chords had cancer due to smoking. DUH. I now breathe through my throat, not my mouth and I CANNOT speak at all for now, guys .I'm a tubie.

The things that I wish that I had not forgotten:
Rubber bands ,copper 12 G. wire ,a skull cap, comb/hair brush long-ass phone charger cord, chap stick, personal mirror, flashlight, a black GEL pen, REAL duck tape, 12 " zip ties, local TV guide, lightweight twine, larger bag for my personal items. Get a haircut B-4 you go in. The preparation was quite involved.NO food or anything else to drink, no vitamins, complete bed clothes change, clean towels, clothes and more.

This list does not cover what I actually took with me.
I was a mess of tubes!

Damn! A little swollen? Chipmunk man.

I was impressed by their work and I will live! My surgeon said it was a boring operation.

POTATO
Oh no! I'm so sorry Dave, I hope you heal up well and feel better soon! 馃挄

Registered
While I'm glad things went smoothly, I'm a little concerned by your list that you're planning on kidnapping a nurse. :ROFLMAO:

Registered
OMG what you had to go through!
Crossing my fingers and get well very soon.
I'm not gonna complain about my lung condition so quickly again.

Registered
The things that I wish that I had not forgotten:
Rubber bands ,copper 12 G. wire ,a skull cap, comb/hair brush long-ass phone charger cord, chap stick, personal mirror, flashlight, a black GEL pen, REAL duck tape, 12 " zip ties, local TV guide, lightweight twine, larger bag for my personal items. Get a haircut B-4 you go in. The preparation was quite involved.NO food or anything else to drink, no vitamins, complete bed clothes change, clean towels, clothes and more

+1 on what you would use your list of stuff for.

AND I've been trying to ignore that you are showing off that you can still grow hair. "Get a haircut B-4 you go in." I hate you (as you flick your hair to show off your flowing locks).

Give the nurses heck!

Dale

Reactions: Speedrye

Founding Member
While I'm glad things went smoothly, I'm a little concerned by your list that you're planning on kidnapping a nurse. :ROFLMAO:
I too was wondering what the heck! Sounds like the kind of list the astronauts wish they'd had on Apollo 13. Hopefully you'll be back wrenching and driving before long.

Premium Member
Dave, My friend follow the Docs orders and get well soon buddy!!

Registered
Wow!
I wish you a really speedy recovery Dave, 'boring surgery' is always a good sign!

Reactions: ddd228

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #11
EYE am Mac Guyver and had to modify my TV remote and the bed controls. Not spelled correctly, but that's the way I spell it. I saw myself in the hospital mirror and gasped, silently!
Face has almost swollen my right eye shut. I take so many drugs lately and my desk at home looks like a CHEM lab. Yeah, I still have hair but no teeth. No big deal.

Yeah, I'll get better and maybe I may get my speech back. I have to text or use Email to communicate and that sucks. The phone rings and I beat on beer bottles to acknowledge the caller that I'm here, that's all. Hydrocodone does NOT stop the pains that I have. Oxycodone makes me dizzy as a drunken white boy. Morphine causes narcolepsy.

I cannot drive my Supra because I have Hydrocodone for breakfast, along with some sticky protein stuff that I "eat" with a tube that goes into my nose. Can't even drink beer! Mostly sad about that and there is a LOT of beer over here.

OK, FREE BEER to anyone that wants to visit me in Seattle.

Nothing else to do but sit on my ass and play on the computer. Some days I don't get dressed-just lounge around in my bathrobe. This isn't a vacation. It's hell.

They gave me lots of goodies to take with. The best ones were a pile of 50 ML plastic syringes to do brake bleeding-beats the hell out of a turkey baster. Reverse bleed M/C's and slave cylinders, easily. A free one for visitors + beers. I also have a lot of food to give away.

The total for the operation is $33,661, but I pay just part of that. Medicare + takes care of most of it. Met some great nurses at The Swedish Hospital! I was in expert hands. No worries.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #14
It's just for the guys. Not very(JVC) nice.
Don't like something? Modify it.

The hospital remote was pretty lame. Hard to find the TV remote with so many tubes (in the way and)plumbed in. Good to NOT roll that electronic body monitor around while doing laps on the cancer floor. Had to call a nurse to go pee. I was attached to that abomination for 8 days. Beeped all of the time.

I'll get over it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts