Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way home from work, on the interstate, and I was just crusing about 70-75. This silver, stickered out integra gets on behind me, tailgates me for a while, then wails out to pass me. He gets even with me, and slows down, then jumps on it. I decide to play, so I drop into third and we both hammer it. Well, I lost. From 70 to about 100, just got walked the whole way. Kinda humiliating.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
some of those Integras are kinda quick. you might want to watch out for them. My friend took me on a ride on his 99 Integra GSR it had I/H/E, Cams and some sort of ram air setup and man I that thing is fast.

Not that bad of a kill considering he probably had more money on mods in his car than what a mk2 is worth. :D

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Sounds like a good excuse for a turbo on that 5M-GE :D

·
Registered
790 Posts
Just take comfort in the fact that is car is 99.9% more likely to be stolen. I remember reading somewhere that the number of old mint Integras on the street was astoundingly small.

Just get the turbo and then so who wins :D

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think im going to get the turbo when I put the 6m in later this summer, if I can get all the funds together. Ive been looking for a good deal on a 6m in need of rebuild, but no luck so far. I was told earlier the 5m head will fit on the 6m, so ive been mainly looking for a 6m block, but once again, nothing yet. If anyone has one, or knows of one, [email protected]

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I ran into a 'teg the other day. Came up behind him, and as soon as traffic cleared open, he nailed it... And proceeded to pull no further away from me than he was. Finally, I got tired of being behind him, so I switched lanes and passed him. At the next light he pulled up next to me, and here's about what the conversation was:
'tegra driver: Wow man, thats things fast. I have a filter, and intake, exhaust, and cam gears.
Me: Wow..thats nice. I'm stock. Oh wait a second, I have a cone filter sitting in my trunk, does that count?
'teg: Umm..what year is that?
Me: '84
'teg: Is that a 2JZ? I didn't hear any turbo's spool.
Me: nope, a 2J wasn;t made for another 9 years. No turbo either.
'teg: so ya sqeezed on me? You using NAWSSS or Nex? (assuming he meant N.O.S. or NX)
Me: What part of stock don't you comprehend?
'teg: (stupid look for a second) Uhhh...
Me: Tell ya what. Pepboys is down the road. I'm gonna be eating lunch next door. Go to Pepboys, add about 10 pounds of vynil to your car so it's a real street racer, and I'll race ya after I finish eating, ok?
'teg: (finally realises I am being a smart ass, and decided to burn out when the light goes green. Revs up his MIghty 4 banger, dumps the clutch and stalls out impressively.)
Me: Cruises up to Arby's and orders a sammich :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts