Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not my kill story but an awesome one. theres not a lot of gearheads around my area. not many people with built cars and almost NOBODY ever wants to run in my area (except for lame posers in riced out hondas or Stock mustang GT's)

Rarely do i actually see something i would want to run around here....

so yesterday i was taking my old mans Van into town to get a few bits to finnish off getting my car running again. as i rurn onto a HWY near my house a new Nissan GTR comes up behind me (and im tearing my hair out, wishing i were in my supra!) a fallow him for a few minutes checking out his ride when an oldschool late 60's Hemi Cuda turns onto the hwy behind me and gooses it to catch up to the GTR. the Cuda looks Cherry. perfect paint, amazing noise, looks all stock, but wait? i spy with my little eye....... some HUGE drag slicks tucked up in the back..... :naughty:

i can tell they are going to run. the guy in the GTR is trying to get him to run from a roll. the Cuda's not playing ball....

so they start coming up on a green light, no traffic in our lanes, they both slow down to like 30mph to wait for the stale green to turn red. it does. they line up.

GTR guy leans forward and starts flicking switches. (activating his launch control)

Old fart in the Hemi smirks, and purges his nitrous system. (at this point the anticipation is KILLING ME)

the other light turns yellow, they both bring up the revs, the light turns Green. BANG!!!!! the cuda is friggin GONE! he did a full-blown wheel stand nearly dragging his back bumper, then as it shifts to second it does the oldschool chassis twist and lifts up his front-left tire. the cuda won by about 8 car lengths from what i could tell. totally AWESOME! even with launch control, the GTR didn't stand a chance..... that cuda must have been setup to run the 1/8th....

i was pretty excited, i dont really get to see that kinda stuff around here. i wish i had my supra to play with them.... it was a good race!

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Trust me when I say this but anything around our side of NC other than shitstangs and the occasional Honda with a fart can muffler running each other is something rare. You wouldn't believe the Excitement from people when its something different. Hell it could be a Pinto and a Ford LTD and that would catch more eyes. God I wish there was more of a scene for this but it is what it is and we have to take what we can get.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was Very impressed. i have never EVER seen anything like it within maybe a few hundred miles of here?

i would have LOVED to play, even though i would have gotten my ass kicked....

it really made my day. a nice "pickmeup" to stay motivated and keep pluggin away on the oll poopra.

i never can seam to find anybody who wants to play though. other than maybe an E250 full of mexicans on their way to a painting job. never a worthy opponent around these parts...

the sound of that BigBlock gave me mad goosebumps.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Nice story. I don't drive much, other to school and home so I don't see many people go at it. And I've had a flat since forever lol. Haven't drove the supra in months.

Hey Robert what's up?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts