Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
BIG BOSS HOSS
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finaly got the car back together now, trouble shooting the boost controler. Symtoms are: no repsonse to adjustments on interface unit.

Was looking at the "valve unit"(engine bay) and noticed the "NO" port has vaccum line or plug. Wounldn't this cause a vaccum leak? The "COM" and "NC" ports are connected to vaccum lines. The COM is connected to the top Tial(44mm) top diaphragm nipple. The NC has a long vaccum line connected to nothing. The nipple on the side of the tial is connected to tee comming from the intake manifold. Not sure what the side Tial nipple is for, but it according to the Greddy manual the NC is supposed to be connected to a good pressure source which it isn't.

The installation manual says nothing about using the NO port or plugging it.

What should be connected to the Tial side nipple? And what's it for?

Just looking for ideas before i make changes.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Best I can tell, NO port is used for internal wastegate setup, mounting valve inline with turbo actuator-NC port is used for external wastegate apps like yours. Looks like NC should be connected to turbo or other pressure source, and manual mentions using same source as lower wastegate nipple, so that needs a pressure source also. So Turbo nipple>lower wastegate port and NC port, and then com port to Upper wastegate nipple.....

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
i run a hks evc but this should help you

http://www.alamomotorsports.com/greddy/PROFEC_B_SPEC2.pdf

ok this i what im reading....... manifold pressure goes to the head unit... next the lower port on the WG gets turbo pressure...... finally NC can T the pressure source from the turbo witch will then exit threw COM and go to the top of the bov.

SO with the unit off the COM port can vent to air threw NO and you will run just off the spring but with the unit on NC will give pressure to the top of the WG holding it shut .... IE = pressure on top of WG and bottom

in short turbo nipple to bottom of WG and to NC. COM to top of WG. Manifold pressure to head unit.

hope that helps

P.S swap out the BOV yet?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts