Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got an A40 Supra! Happy New Year!

All,

My name is Zachary. I just turned 30 and have been stationed @ Hill AFB in Utah for the past 5 years.

I bought my '79 MK1 on a whim last friday and am very happy with the purchase. The car runs, drives and everything works (power windows included). My wife took some warming up to the idea of such an impulsive buy, but I digress. Plans with the car are to keep it on the road and enjoy it with my family.

I also own a '74 Datsun 260z that I am in the process of getting its built 2JZGE NA-t (IS300) engine into operational condition.

Below is a link to a video from my YT channel of the Celica Supra in question.

(Mild Cussing) https:// youtu.be/ aQRdA8DHbQ8

Looking forward to reading and researching in these subsequent years.

Thank you and Happy New Year!

-Zachary

·
Premium Member
7,510 Posts
Zach, Welcome to the forums!! Congrats on owning a MK1 and Thank you for your service!!

I kinda have a collection of repairs manuals, if you need a MK1 manual let me know as I have some in the garage...

·
Founding Member
6,226 Posts
Welcome. Impulse purchase, huh? Gotta learn to control those urges. Cars are like potato chips. Its hard to enjoy just one and stop. Sadly my metabolism also changed right about age 32 and you're almost there. The only thing that keeps me from overindulging is that getting a larger garage is considerably more difficult than buying a larger pair of pants. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Zach, Welcome to the forums!! Congrats on owning a MK1 and Thank you for your service!!

I kinda have a collection of repairs manuals, if you need a MK1 manual let me know as I have some in the garage...
AJ, I'd love a manual. I'll PM you and thank you very much for the welcome!

Welcome. Impulse purchase, huh? Gotta learn to control those urges. Cars are like potato chips. Its hard to enjoy just one and stop. Sadly my metabolism also changed right about age 32 and you're almost there. The only thing that keeps me from overindulging is that getting a larger garage is considerably more difficult than buying a larger pair of pants. ;)
pdupler, haha! Right on, man. The wife is my wallets saving grace. Otherwise, the collection will be much more. Thanks for the welcome, good sir!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts