Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
I'm Knut from Norway. Just got the plates on my 84 P-type, imported from California.
They are rare and hard to find in Europe, and impossible to find with no rust. This one is not in mint condition, but the mechanics seems to be working good, but most importantly it's rust free. Eventually it needs a new paint job, as some previous owner had a bad job done. The side lists (or you call them panels?) were not removed, they just painted over them. And in general not a good paint job.
So the car is not perfect but it's still a lot of fun to cruise around in, and it's my long term project to make it shine. Also got a hold on a set of the rare 15" 85 L-type P-style rims, including the spare. So they are being fitted later this summer.
If you're on Instagram my name there is also celicasupra.no

POTATO
90% of the battle is getting a rust free chassis, the rest will fall into place. Definitely a great car to put the effort into! I'm surprised a lot more Europeans aren't importing from the US, especially California, but that ship might have set sail already with the way the cars are priced these days. Good luck!

Tomitoyo
Welcome to the forum with that precious P type, one more in Europe where they are scarce. Good luck with the restoration.

Founding Member
90% of the battle is getting a rust free chassis, the rest will fall into place. Definitely a great car to put the effort into! I'm surprised a lot more Europeans aren't importing from the US, especially California, but that ship might have set sail already with the way the cars are priced these days. Good luck!
What seems crazy to me is how many Japanese classics are showing up for sale here having recently been imported from Japan. We don't have enough left here in the states so people are even importing right-hand-drive versions. Apparently the values of Japanese classic cars are now enough to pay the sailing cost of the ship too.

You'll need to replace the little rubber strip between the flare and the fender. At least for that we've got a couple of vendors, kbox engineering and raptor racing both in Canada. Hopefully all the rest of your California trim is intact. Cars don't rust in Southern California, but it is mostly desert and thus the plastic, rubber and vinyl parts of the cars take a beating from the sun and heat.

Reactions: ddd228

Registered
'84 Dark Blue Converted to 5 Spd... '85 ..gradually acquiring parts to Turbo ... have 82 Engine
Supra Fanaticism... is definitely becoming a World Wide Phenomenom... (Sickness??)

Happy to Welcome you to our Family (Psych Ward ?? LOL)

BTW Knut ... if you need (Mostly Mechanical) parts... I have extras of quite a bit of stuff... that I can afford to sell....

Cheers,

Reactions: celicasupra.no

Registered
Welcome Knut, always good to see more Euro fans here!

Importing stuff isn't as easy (and affordable) as it used to be. Parts are getting scarce and cost of shipping has exploded.

(speaking of which, anyone has a good 5MGE or even 6MGE for me? ;) )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts