Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys did some searching and have not come up with a solid answer to this question. I found a 7mgte flywheel that I want to use with my 7mge, but I need to know if it will work. It is the cleanest stock flywheel I've seen and I can get it fairly cheap compared to machining my 5mge flywheel. Any input appreciated:salute:

·
Premium Member
6,134 Posts
Flywheel MUST match trans type and engine type. 7MGTE flywheel must be used with r154, unless you buy a push/pull conversion kit. The info is here, but its grouped in clutch threads...

·
Premium Member
5,600 Posts
Yes you can use the 7mgte flywheel on your 7mge. The 7mgte flywheel will bolt onto the 7mge and the 5mge if you're converting to an R154 transmission but like was already said above the R154 flywheel wont work with the W58 clutch and vice versa.
Answer to the thread title question - No, it's not the same.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
To put it simply, the FW must match the engine and gearbox

FW from 7MGE will mate M engine to W gearbox

FW from 7MGTE will mate M engine to R gearbox

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok that means it won't work, but did the 7mgte always match up to an r154 from the factory? if so then 5/7mge=w58 and 7mgte=r154 correct? Also would like to know what the ge & gte Jz series mated to stock so I won't have to ask in the future. If there is a thread on this I am sorry for the headache guys, i will read it if there is a link or sticky thread.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
dylan use your 5m flywheel on the 7m
then use a w58 tranny
thats it simple lol

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
machine your 5m flywheel and use a stock clutch
STOCK CLUTCH for a 84 or mk2 supra

·
Premium Member
6,134 Posts
I can get it fairly cheap compared to machining my 5mge flywheel.
Less than $30? Thats what machining a flywheel costs....

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I found this gte flywheel on ebay for 40 dollars shipped. It is in great condition and if I can't use it someone here may be able to, also the question there confused me which is why I asked. Someone need a cheap r154 flywheel? Here it is, seller wants 40 dollars shipped and its yours. 20 for the flywheel 20 for shipping.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/pres...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Also call me lazy because I didn't feel like finding a machine shop in montucky middle of nowhere. for that price I'd get rid of mine if it would work.

·
Premium Member
6,134 Posts
Dood, your sig says Kspell. Ive been there, they have machine shops. :zzzzz: You out in the boondocks or something? Whitefish-ish?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Downtown Kalispell, I really just haven't had an opportunity to look for one. I used to work for Cron automotive which laid me off in bad times, anyways they will help me find a machine shop If i need one. I really have not found the time yet and I need to finish getting my motor rebuilt too.:rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts