·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now I can finally show everyone my digital dash gauge color change
I just got the thinest peice of plexy glass that rona had

then took out the old lenses and used them as templates

then just used a hack saw and cut them out

then I sand down the lenses to fit lense socket with a pretty mild sand paper then i took off only one side of the paper protector

and started painting

using this glass paint

but you only want to put on light coats at a time and ill get so pics tonight to show you the difference from light coats to heavy coats but you still want the lenses to be fairly dark thow

then put them in and done

Like I said ill get pics when it gets dark today

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok here are the night pics and the fuel and temp gauges need to be redone as i got too rammy and put the paint on to thick but I took my time on the speedo lense

·
Registered
464 Posts
looks bad!!! wish i had a digital gauge cluster.:sadsmilie

·
Registered
464 Posts
lol bad as good!! ha sry for that confusion.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
464 Posts
thats alright ha.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I think this idea would work very well if mated with the upgraded LED lights. You could vary the colour alot also .

Digital dash is stylin; my only complaint with the digi dash is when they go a bit nutso the numbers constantly flop about.

·
Registered
379 Posts
that;s pretty cool. but wouldn't it have been a bit easier to just get plexiglass already in the color you want? i know you can get lexan and acrylic in many colors and varying shades of each and probably get some even thinner than what you used.

also, about changing the leds, if the lights shine through an already colored "lens" then that will have to be taken into account for the color. i saw mentioned green, and if the lights already shine through a green lens, then red leds will completely disappear. bright white leds will probably give you more of light green shade and blue will probably be sort of ghostly blue. all really neat effects. i haven't tried amber leds through a green "lens" yet though.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
for the led thing ive been to many store are the only plces to get leds is online and the colored plexi had to be dark dark but i wouldnt know where toget the colored stuff

1 - 18 of 18 Posts