Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:roll: at www.gude.com there are cams for the 5 MGE. Um...haven't heard the best things about gude, but anyone try these? They're the only cams I've seen for sale for the 5M....so, opinions?

What sucks is that they don't give you an estimation on power gains. BTW, does anyone know how to read cams specs?

·
Registered
127 Posts
You can send in your cams to get re-ground. Go to a junkyard and pull one off so that you can put the stock ones back in if you have to deal with smog checks.

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
yes but you have to shave your cam towers to be able to useregrinds so you will need an extra set of cam towers too if you want to be able to switch back.

·
Super Moderator
8,397 Posts
I'll sell you my Gude cams with the towers already milled for $500 :wink: They cost me about $850 new. Only got about 1000 miles on them.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Wow...I didn't know you had to shave the cam towers. And here I thought they were plug n play. Thanks for the input SupraFiend.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Shaving the towers eh? by how much and will this also be true with the TRD regrinds we are hoping to get?

Carl

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have a set of Gudes, sitting on my bench. Never got the car to run right with them in. I will sell them cheap. To be honest, I have never heard anyone that bought them and liked them. I got them from someone else and they only ran them a short time also.

They come with the shaved towers as well.

I bought the whole head so I would have one to rebuild. He had stuck in new rockers and lifters, so it was worth the $$ without the cams.

If you want them, $150+ shipping. But you are on your own.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts