Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recieved my authorization for Gude performance products. I am able to get Head Packages for $2250.00 plus $750.00 core and shipping. Here is what is available with the package,

Gude Head packages contain ported & polished cylinder head high compression radius cylinder, racing valve grind, ported intake manifold, ported throttle body, header, and camshafts.

And of course the core charge is refundable. I am also able to get Cams,
and Throttle Bodies. If anyone is interested in this, email me at [email protected]. Or just go to www.bscustom.com, click on our products, then click start shopping now. It will be under the header of Engines. I have a whole listing for Gude so if you need a price or info just let me know. The shopping cart is still under construction.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are now up. Still working on getting the shipping calculator up. Any questions do not hesitate to ask.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you put a purfect head on a engine with 120+ miles I think you'll blow out the bottem end the first time you take it out... I not sure because i'm not a mechanic, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
NO!!!!! What gave you that idea?

·
Registered
13,131 Posts
No. Age(mileage) and durability are two completely different things. A 120k mile block that is within specs is, for the most part, just a durable as a brand new one.

--BillyM
Viva La AutoX!

·
Registered
794 Posts
_HOT_M16 said:
No. Age(mileage) and durability are two completely different things. A 120k mile block that is within specs is, for the most part, just a durable as a brand new one.
But a new engine will stay "in spec" longer than one with 120K on it.

:wink:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These packages are extremely reliable and as far as your bottom end goes, unless there is something wrong down there already you have nothing to worry about. Had one go onto a 92 Civic Hatchback. And it had close to 200 when he put it on. No problem. Also have them for the 7M for all you 7 guys. Same price.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
fast83 said:
I just recieved my authorization for Gude performance products. I am able to get Head Packages for $2250.00 plus $750.00 core and shipping. Here is what is available with the package,

Gude Head packages contain ported & polished cylinder head high compression radius cylinder, racing valve grind, ported intake manifold, ported throttle body, header, and camshafts.

And of course the core charge is refundable. I am also able to get Cams,
and Throttle Bodies. If anyone is interested in this, email me at [email protected]. Or just go to www.bscustom.com, click on our products, then click start shopping now. It will be under the header of Engines. I have a whole listing for Gude so if you need a price or info just let me know. The shopping cart is still under construction.
Well if you can supply us with specs and flow rates fo the head compared to a stock head... then prolly I might be interested... and what does the set include all in all... does the valves included?? is it S.S. valves?? is it the a oversize valves... what kind of porting is done?? flowrates per port??
SPECS???? SPECSS???? SPECSS??? I need specs and if it is cheaper than what I am getting done to my 5M head then I might go for it and if it out do my machinists specs and flow rates.... SPECSSSSS and PICS???

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I talked to Gude today. They are emailing me the specs in the next day or so. As soon as I get them I will post them.

·
Registered
13,131 Posts
CRF_Rider said:
_HOT_M16 said:
But a new engine will stay "in spec" longer than one with 120K on it.

:wink:
Hypothetically speaking, yes, but then again I have seen many-a sub 30k mile motors go bad, if a motor allready has 120k on it and is going perfect, I would put money on it over another one....

--BillyM

Flat out, a performance head wont make your bottom end break for no reason. It would be silly to replace a perfect bottom end...

·
Registered
351 Posts
If you are getting a new head, you would be money ahead to rebuild the bottom end. Even if it is "within spec" the added stress of a fresh top end can do in a perfectly running bottom end pretty quickly. It's much the same as with a turbo....sure you can turbo an older engine....but is it a good idea?

·
Registered
13,131 Posts
I would trust toyota technitians to do a better initial build than I could do rebuild, then again, maybe its just me...

Unless I were beefing something in the bottom end (raising compression, or going with lightweight pistons/rods) I wouldn't touch it just for "touching it" sake. Then again, if I were dropping 2g's for a high-flow head and didn't raise compression, I would consider myself a silly mananyways.

--BillyM

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you are getting a new head, you would be money ahead to rebuild the bottom end. Even if it is "within spec" the added stress of a fresh top end can do in a perfectly running bottom end pretty quickly. It's much the same as with a turbo....sure you can turbo an older engine....but is it a good idea?

Much different. Air flow rates will not act the same as a turbo. With a turbo you are of course adding extra stress to a motor because the simple fact that if you are running a stock 8.2:1 C.R. and 8 psi, you have now added extra stress to the bottom end because when that turbo spools up and is at it's highest boost, you are now up to a C.R. of 16.2:1. And yes that will stress the bottom end of a stock block. Adding a head package will not up the C.R. to any dangerous levels. As long as your rings, bearings, and H.G. are in good shape you have nothing to worry about.[/quote]

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
the way i figure, if youve got 120k miles on the bottom end and your going to pull the motor (its easier to pull an engine than swap heads in the car) you might as well get the bottom end freshened up.

id probably have it hot tanked and checked for stress cracks, then assembled with new bearings and oil pump, at the very least.
wouldnt cost much, and if your already spending 2300 on a head.... i think itd be foolish not to, just for peace of mind.

then again, i can see hot_m16's point... if you know something works, dont f**k with it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You are very correct. The point I was making was that just because you put a new head package on it will not destroy the bottom end. Yeah, if you going to put on a new head might as well check things out.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For those that are interested the shopping cart on my website www.bscustom.com is now working. I am adding products daily.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SPECS SPECS SPECS...........
Well here are the ones I got from Gude today. Throttle body is bored 70mm, Intake port is matched to manifold, 3 angle valve job, Exhaust is ported to match manifold. Cam specs for the 5M are lift .272 duration 268 on both intake and exhaust sides. Pulls from 400 to Redline, good stock idle, and a power band from 3800-7600 RPM. Cam specs for the 7M are .365 with 236 duration on intake and exhaust. First 3 sold will be sold at $2000.00 plus shipping and core.

·
Super Moderator
8,416 Posts
Ummmm how do they plan on boring the stock TB out to 70mm when the OD of the throttle body is only 69.5mm :roll: . And Gude cams = good stock idle???? Thats news to me. You should ask them if they've ever even seen a 5M head.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Throttle body is bored 70mm
I apologize. It is bored out to as close to 70mm that they can get it. And the idle is in the good range.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts