Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hes talking about the other Race of Champions that was designed for rally car drivers. The one where the entire race track fits inside Wembley Stadium. Not shocking that Rally car drivers dominate ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_of_Champions
Ahh, yes I see. my mistake.

and to both the guys I laid into, I will say this only once and dont spread it around...I use angry words as a tool for humor. My sense of humor doesnt translate well to the internet, but most of the time when I re-read one of my pissed off sounding replies I have a smile on my face. Try reading my comments with that in mind. Very rarely do words on a page ACTUALLY make me mad.

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
But the drivers in that series are from more than just rally racing.
F1, Super Bike, Sports Cars/Lemans
Why did NASCAR car drivers dominate IROC? Prob the same reason that Rally drivers dominate ROC.

I would like to see IROC come back with Porsches on road courses ;)

·
Registered
577 Posts
i never said anything about me having driving skill, i dont race, i dont drift... i enjoy the drift scene. drifters get so much of my respect because it takes A LOT of skill!.. ever here of rhys millen? tanner foust? they are both world class drivers, they compete in the x games, race of champions and much much more... a nascar driver has my respect because they have worked hard to get where they are at now. and thats great for them!!! i honestly just think that they need to keep it in an oval lol

there is one thing i love about nascar tho!!! the crashes!! :naughty:
By poking fun and calling then "rednecks" you imply that you have no respect for them or what they do. Many times that can be translated into "I could do better" so that was the approach I took with my reply.

I know the Millen name pretty well actually as I was friends with a race team in Ridgecrest CA that ran buggies and trucks in desert racing like Baja and barstow to vegas. Ive always been a huge fan of the Pikes Peak Challenge and as a kid running up and down Mary's Peak, had fantasies that I might compete one day.

I have respect for just about every form of motorsports and the men and women lucky enough to compete in them.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
By poking fun and calling then "rednecks" you imply that you have no respect for them or what they do. Many times that can be translated into "I could do better" so that was the approach I took with my reply.

I know the Millen name pretty well actually as I was friends with a race team in Ridgecrest CA that ran buggies and trucks in desert racing like Baja and barstow to vegas. Ive always been a huge fan of the Pikes Peak Challenge and as a kid running up and down Mary's Peak, had fantasies that I might compete one day.

I have respect for just about every form of motorsports and the men and women lucky enough to compete in them.
read my posts again.. i never said "rednecks" simply because i knew it would affend people... i dont know where u got that from lol

and yes! i agree! any person lucky enough to be chosen to compete in motorsports has my respect, they are ALL skilled! just some more than others on a roadcourse lol

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
Hes talking about the other Race of Champions that was designed for rally car drivers. The one where the entire race track fits inside Wembley Stadium. Not shocking that Rally car drivers dominate ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_of_Champions
You can fit a mini NASCAR track in a stadium.

At each event they have multiple races with different track set ups and different cars.

The last race I saw the NASCAR drivers complained they had no time to practice before the event. Both NASCAR drivers came in dead last with a WRC driver coming in first. Funny thing was at the end of the event they showed the NASCAR drivers practicing back in the US, so caught them in their lie. It was a humiliating ending for them.

The best drivers are WRC drivers out and out. Some have driven F1 too.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
haha oh yah! that part! :sarcasm:

i didnt mean anything negative by it... its stereotypical for people to think people in nascar are rednecks, simply beacuse so much of it is centered in the midwest and what not..... and by me saying redneck i never had in mind that i didnt have respect for them and they cant drive!!!

psshh man quit taking everything so seriously and getting so upset!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
577 Posts
OK one last retort then Im done.

haha oh yah! that part! :sarcasm:

i didnt mean anything negative by it... its stereotypical for people to think people in nascar are rednecks, simply beacuse so much of it is centered in the midwest and what not.....

Midwesterners are stereotypical rednecks? Once again you prove you dont even know what you are saying. Thats funny, I thought they were from the south. :zzzzz:

Any idea where the last several nascar champions call home? Jimmie Johnson is from California, Tony Stewart is from Indiana, Kurt Busch is From Las Vegas, Matt Kenseth is from Wisconsin, Jeff Gordon is a California transplant from Indiana. Those are some classic redneck states right there boy! :rolleyes:
You have to go back to Bobby Labonte in 2000 to find anyone from a "stereotypical redneck" state (in his case, Texas)

and by me saying redneck i never had in mind that i didnt have respect for them and they cant drive!!

Your whole first post was about your lack of respect for the "patheitc (sic)example of driving" of the "redneck" nascar drivers whose sport is a "such a joke!!!". It was such a good post it made the toilet in nothing flat, and you have been backpedaling ever since. keep digging man! :laugh:

psshh man quit taking everything so seriously and getting so upset!!! :rolleyes:
theWeezL said:
My sense of humor doesnt translate well to the internet, but most of the time when I re-read one of my pissed off sounding replies I have a smile on my face. Try reading my comments with that in mind. Very rarely do words on a page ACTUALLY make me mad.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
OK one last retort then Im done.

Midwesterners are stereotypical rednecks? Once again you prove you dont even know what you are saying. Thats funny, I thought they were from the south. :zzzzz:

Any idea where the last several nascar champions call home? Jimmie Johnson is from California, Tony Stewart is from Indiana, Kurt Busch is From Las Vegas, Matt Kenseth is from Wisconsin, Jeff Gordon is a California transplant from Indiana. Those are some classic redneck states right there boy! :rolleyes:
You have to go back to Bobby Labonte in 2000 to find anyone from a "stereotypical redneck" state (in his case, Texas)

Your whole first post was about your lack of respect for the "patheitc (sic)example of driving" of the "redneck" nascar drivers whose sport is a "such a joke!!!". It was such a good post it made the toilet in nothing flat, and you have been backpedaling ever since. keep digging man! :laugh:
my lord theres no stopping this man!!!
quit taking things so serioulsy and being such an ass!!! it was a joke and i was trying to strike up a conversation with someone that was gonna be a little more layed back and not so butt hurt!

i dont care it made it to the toilet!! it made me laugh! i thought it was funny, and malloy had a sense of humor about it along with everyone else!!

whatever dude take your fit some where else :loser:

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
what does "butt hurt" mean? that is such a stupid phrase and i only just started hearing it when i moved down to poo-foke toledo pop. 8. really and now i hear it every where. its like those "thats gay" comments. c'mon really.

lets get over some of these hill-billy come backs.

and i can say this because we are already in the toilet.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
haha im not sure what it means

but im guessing it means that someone was taking it somewhere not normally given, and because of them receiving they are easily irritated and irate! hahahaha! i think that should be the definition of butt hurt!! :zzzzz:

i never heard of "butt hurt" either until i started going on this forum

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Nascar haters crack me up. You all do realise, that if it wasn't for Nascar, and short track racing, motorsports in the U.S. at least, would be damn near, non-existant.

Not many of you are old enough to remember -- Wide World of Sports ... EVERY Sunday.2-4 hours of - rotating - sports of all kinds, including all types of Motorsports.

Out of ALL the racing that was televised during the early years of Television, guess what became THE - Mainstay - of televised Motorsports.

I remember the guys in Malloy's post, as weekend hero's. Funny, the roundy round guys were all cool .... the twistie guys were all snobs .... By the posts above, I see, not much has changed.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Nascar haters crack me up. You all do realise, that if it wasn't for Nascar, and short track racing, motorsports in the U.S. at least, would be damn near, non-existant.

Not many of you are old enough to remember -- Wide World of Sports ... EVERY Sunday.2-4 hours of - rotating - sports of all kinds, including all types of Motorsports.

Out of ALL the racing that was televised during the early years of Television, guess what became THE - Mainstay - of televised Motorsports.

I remember the guys in Malloy's post, as weekend hero's. Funny, the roundy round guys were all cool .... the twistie guys were all snobs .... By the posts above, I see, not much has changed.
haha!!

i do agree if it wasnt for nascar and grass roots racing then there would be no real motorsports in the u.s.
i just dont understand the point and diificulty to nascar... maybe if i were to experience something like it i would have much more understanding and appreciation for it.
but from jsut looking at their cars they dont seem nearly as advanced as all other motorsports... idk i just dont understand lol

but i do realize that nascar is one of the most popular motorsports in the world!!! its televised world wide.. when i was in hawaii an australian guy came up to my pops and i and started talkin about nascar to us!! so clearly its very popular... i think im gonna try to start getting into it.

·
is awesome
2,736 Posts
Wow, a drifter, insulting another Motorsport :rolleyes:

Cameron, you do realise, the track you soooo love to go watch D1 at .... wouldn't be there, if it wasn't for NASCAR ???
Junkie speaks the truth!!

Why did NASCAR car drivers dominate IROC? Prob the same reason that Rally drivers dominate ROC.

I would like to see IROC come back with Porsches on road courses ;)
At least we'd have someone to root for. Toyota doesn't make a competetive car anymore. Just 'Transportation Appliances'... *sigh* Although I did see a Lexus IS-F on the freeway today... bad-ass.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts