Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just dropping in to say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on the CS forums. Drive safe and have a great holiday!

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
you beat me too it...lol

Have a happy thanksgiving everyone, give thanks to your supra for a great ride....lol and be safe...stuff your face, lay back and take a nap.....

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I was just getting ready to do this also...Happy Thanksgiving everyone. If you're driving your Supra (or the hoopdie in your garage instead) please be careful & enjoy the time with your family.

I'm on my way to see my Dad up near Yosemite in a few minutes. Take care everyone!

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
happy turkey lurkey day yall....

damn americans and your incorrectly dated holidays :p

·
Registered
540 Posts
Most important thing to remember, don't drink and drive. Your Supra has given you too much joy (I hope) to put it through that. Happy turkey day, and whatever Canadian holiday is today... :? Well, you know what I mean. It's miller time for me, I got a driver :twisted:

·
Registered
861 Posts
Dang,.. Dogstar beat me to the Turkey Lurkey day thing! :cry: lol I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving! Be careful guys. There's going to be a LOT of traffic out there. Keep yourselves, and your Supras safe. :)

Scotty

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Well I got pulled over for the first time in the Sup this evening. 70 in a 55 but the cop wrote the ticket for having an incorrect address on my drivers liscence $66. I guess I got lucky but it still sux, based on the conditions I wasnt doing anything unsafe and this was on a county road in the middle of nowhere, the last place I expected to see a cop on Turkey Day. Too many people haulin ass on the interstate to bother with that I would think.

·
Registered
3 Posts
damn americans and your incorrectly dated holidays
I agree with you completly! I've been living in S.C. for a little over 2 years now and still haven't been able to get used to these holidays. Kinda hope I never will, always Canadian at heart! :D

·
Super Moderator
8,733 Posts
SupraWes said:
...having an incorrect address on my drivers liscence ...
That's actually illegal??? Granted I can understand not arguing it. Better get mine fixed then :ugh:

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
thegirlwiththesupra said:
damn americans and your incorrectly dated holidays
I agree with you completly! I've been living in S.C. for a little over 2 years now and still haven't been able to get used to these holidays. Kinda hope I never will, always Canadian at heart! :D
what part of canada?
and i know what you mean, my friends trying to acclimate me for a possible move to the states... i shant change my thanksgiving, nor will i give up boxing day :p
might have to come home to go shopping, but oh well :)

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
:naughty: dont race on the highways on holidays there are tons of Highway Patrols out there :wink: Believe I know :oops:

·
Registered
861 Posts
Dogstar,..

thegirlwiththesupra is from Ottawa Ontario. Or, if you want to get specific, Nepean, until they chaged it and brought all the smaller sections in and made it "The Greater Ottawa Area". :p How do I knwo this you say?! ;) Probably because she's my wife..lol We give each other SO much hell (all in good fun that is)about the holidays, the money value from country to country, and so on and so forth. I really kinda miss Canada myself a lot actually, and seem to have many dreams about it from time to time. Odd I know, but I really loved it up there. Hopefully one day when her status has been set here, we'll come back up there to do the same for me. Just figured I'd give you the rundown since she doesn't get much time to spend on here. :)

Scotty

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
heya scotty,
im glad you like it up here, its a beautiful country, just our government and our taxes suck.
and the cold weather.

im glad to hear you guys get along, jokingly giving one another a rough time is one of the strongest signs of a good relationship :)

thats cool about coming from nepean, always wanted to go down east, but ive never had the time and money all at once.

and getting legal status in canada is pretty easy, and a quick process, compared to becoming a legal american, unless i missed some crucial information when i was doing my research.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Hey Dogstar,

Thanks for the compliments! Yes, it is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen! The people there have so much different of an outlook on life than here in the lower states, and it is so amazing how the people interact with each other. I felt right at home as soon as the realization come to me that I wasn't at home anymore..lol I know that's kind of an Oxymoron, but I'm sure you catch my drift. Ya, and if there's anything you know about the legal part of getting in and getting established to get my immigration and citizenship and work permit stuff, etc. etc. there in the quickest and least painful way, lay it on me brother!..lol I know we go through some hell here to get her on the right track. Actually just payed an immigration lawyer to handle the process for us a sum I'd rather not say. (kinda hard on the wallet you know) But they have to file everything, as many times as it takes until the very end. I figure having married in family should help a lot, but I know there are other things involved. If you happen to know any of these, or know someone that does, I would appreciate any help I could get! It's going to be about 2 more years or so before we can move back up that way to try, since we're not finished with the process here, but I like to know things in advance. :D Thanks for any help you could give!
By the way,.. how far is Edmonton from Ottawa? I know my brother-in-law lived in Kingston for a while, and now my mother-in-law moved to Toronto for work. Also have another sister and bother-in law, that left Windsor to move to Alberta, near Turtle Mountain. I'm getting kinda familiar with that big patch of snow up there really quick!..lol Anyway, take care, and let me know something sometime, or just PM me if you happen to find out anything you know or someone else knows. :) Thanks a lot!...

Scotty

·
Registered
551 Posts
being dogstars bro id be obliged to answer one of your questions.

edmonton to ottowa is about 5-7day drive depoending how much you drive
on plane its 4 - 5 hours.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
hmmm, i can find my immigration books here, i know its a very quick and easy process, compared to getting american citizenship.

i cant remember off the top of my head any of the details though, so ill try and find em out for you. :)

give me a PM if youve got any more questions, and ill be happy to answer them, but the rest of the forum might not care about immigration law and what not.

·
Registered
861 Posts
So Dogstar and Kato are bro's huh?! Sweet. Alberta,... I should have caught that. :oops: How far are you guys from the le Mountain area? (Crows Nest Pass to be precise) That's where my wifes sister and brother-in-law moved to this last summer. Might get to make a trip up there to visit them. If it's anywhere near close to you guys, might have to stop by and say hey. :D Anyway, ya, thanks Dogstar,... I'll PM you and pick your brain a little on the topic above. 8) Later guys!

Scotty

·
Registered
279 Posts
Scotty, the Crowsnest Pass is about a three hour's drive from Calgary; it's about an hour's drive to Banff from my house -- man those snow-capped mountains are bee-yootiful 8)

-Evan

1 - 20 of 26 Posts