Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Its illegal in FL, dont know about anywhere else. They use that addy to get you for jury duty according to what the sheriff told me. I always thought it was your voter ID. I got tired of changing it when I was moving to a different apartment every year, but I'm not moving again till I can afford to buy a garage with a few rooms attatched to it:)

·
Registered
551 Posts
haha yes we are bros :roll:
haha do it up. i dont really know how far edmnoton is from crows past nest but if its mountains it should be a few hours?
i jsut mvoed from toronto so i am clueless

·
Registered
861 Posts
Hey MKII Boy, isn't Banff kinda like a military section? My little sis (sis-in-law) was in Cadets, and went there for this past summer. She said it was a nice place.
So you can see the mountians from where you are huh?! The Appalachians here aren't quite that big, but blew my mother-in-laws mind when she seen them compared to the Gatineau near Ottawa.lol Been a mountain boy all my life! Ocean isn't but 3 1/2 hours away either, so I have a nice mix of both! When i ever come up to Alberta to visit family there, I'll amke sure that I'm in a Supra, that it's summer time, and that we get a chance to meet somehow. :D Always love making new Supra friends! Take care guys,.. and Dogstar,.. PM me when you find your book!. ;)

Scotty

·
Registered
551 Posts
banff is a tourist palce with a ncie mountian lake and animals i think elf deer caibou and shit.
as for military i dont know about that. when i went i never seen anything to do with military or ever heard of a base there

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
hey scotty,
jasper and banff are towns in the national parks that cover the alberta side of the rocky mountians, maybe thats why it seemed military, and the cadets probably have a camp some place up there thats set aside for them, as all campgrounds in the park are federally run.

um... banff is about 4 hours from edmonton, and maybe 4.5 hours if you take the beautiful drive through the mountian parks.
if you do end up coming up here, make sure and give us some notice, and ill try to set up a supra/toyota cruise through the passes.
itd be an absolutely amazing way to spend the day, and im going to do the drive one of these days anyways :)

um, looked around for my book, cant seem to find it, but ill get the documents from the govt this week, assuming i have time.
as far as i remember its kind of a case of come here, apply, wait 3 months (either here or at home) then they send you papers, and you have to write a test on canadian history, and pledge allegiance (note: last i checked you DO NOT have to give up other citizenships, although its technically illegal to pledge allegiance to another country if your an american)
um, thats the super short version of becoming a canadian citizen, but im told its almost that simple.

hmmm, mkIIboy is right, ive got pics from a couple trips to calgary, where you can see the mountains right over the skyline....
i dont think theyre visible in the pics i posted a lil while ago, but next time im down there, ill make sure its a clear day, and ill get a shot of the city backed up by the mountains.

and not to slight the appalachians, but i think youll find the rockies breathtaking if you do come to visit.
they sit at around 6000 feet above sealevel, and i think theres a couple peaks in the 14000 foot range, unless my memory is completely faded.

edit:
some facts on marmot basin... a popular (and fairly small) skihill:
-Elevations: Top: 8,534 ft (2,601 m),
Base: 5,534 ft (1,686 m),
Vertical Drop: 3,000 ft (914 m)

-Snowfall: 400 cm (160 inches) average per season

some must see locations:
http://www.jaspercanadianrockies.com/mustsee.html

·
Registered
279 Posts
Supra Guy Scotty said:
So you can see the mountians from where you are huh?!
yeah, man :D i live ~5 minutes north of Cochrane (pop. 12,000); Cochrane is ~15 minutes west of Calgary. anyways, the drive from the north down into Cochrane gives a spectacular view of the Rockies to the west; Cochrane is situated in a big valley from all directions except to the west. the mountains are incredibly beautiful in the winter season -- they look so much bigger when they're covered with snow.

hey man, if you ever get the chance to come up here, i'm totally up for a cruise through the foothills -- that's if i ever get my motor problems sorted out :?

-Evan

·
Registered
197 Posts
Figured I'd bump an 18-year old thread for the heck of it. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! While being thankful for what you've been blessed with, and what you've worked hard for, don't forget to hit that turkey!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts