Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to know If anyone has modded their digi dash.

since I have one, It would be interesting to see.

anyway, just curious.

·
Registered
229 Posts
It's pretty low on my priority list - but I do have plans for mine. Apparently, changing the display colour isn't as easy as for analogue (change globes or 'condoms'). So, when I get around to it - I'm going to spray the face in red. Will have to scan the marks and print onto clear adhesive paper. I know it sounds kinda dodgey and maybe ricey, but I saw a really nive Soarer done like this and it did look good. To hedge my bets, though, I'll work on a spare from the wreckers.

- Justin

·
Registered
9 Posts
The digidash is cool as it is. Make you feel like your 1982, 145hp car is JAPANESE KNIGHT RIDER don't you half expect the mofo to start talking soon? :p

If you were a real electronics whiz you could make the thing change colors while you were driving.....maybe with the speed or gear.....like 1st gear blue, 2nd green, 3rd yellow, 4th orange, 5th red?

·
Registered
170 Posts
MK2inCT said:
If you were a real electronics whiz you could make the thing change colors while you were driving.....maybe with the speed or gear.....like 1st gear blue, 2nd green, 3rd yellow, 4th orange, 5th red?
It would be a pain to set up a series of switches that are dependent on the shifter position to tell what gear the car is in. More realistically you'd have to tear the whole trans down and set it up so that something would be toggled when the trans shift fork or gears are at a certain place. Bah, I'm getting a headache thinking about it. Be a lot easier with auto.

·
Registered
520 Posts
How about trying a Honduh S2000 digi dash.prob easy said then done.
looks a bit like our digi/dash.... :roll:

·
Registered
999 Posts
How about trying a Honduh S2000 digi dash.prob easy said then done.
looks a bit like our digi/dash....
:lol: Ha! 20 years later.

The shift light deal does sound interesting. Exactly how much easier would it be w/ an auto?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts