Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '84 gets 'em almost daily. Yesterday, I got one form a guy driving an old Honda 600!
The little turd was so fast, I couldn't repay the gesture.

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
When I still worked for the City of Newark (California not NJ) someone in city hall thought one of the firefighters was driving a Ferrari!!

Reactions: ddd228

·
Founding Member
6,522 Posts
"NO, it's not a De Lorean."...
A few years ago I had the silver 85 at a car show, mostly a bunch of muscle cars and hot rods of course, and I see these two little kids maybe seven or eight years old come running up all excited and shouting about Back to the Future. I was thinking, yeah, they probably saw that movie at grandpa's house.

But yes the Supra gets considerable attention. I gotta be careful in it because people will drive crazy to catch up with me or slow down to get a look at it. Older people haven't seen one in 25 years or more and younger people are probably all thinking its a DeLorean. I really gotta change the color.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I used to get it all the time when driving around (when I still had the car last year). They are a rarity in good condition, even in SoCA.

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I get a LOT of mine in rural areas, for some reason. Old school boys? More older car around there. There ain't no Tesla's!

BTW----TODAY is 4-2-!
"Give us our weed, our daily weed.....

I cannot smoke, so I use gummies.5- 10 MG. THC. ;):cool:

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HA HA HA HA!!!!! OK, that is way to much attention. Agreed.

·
Registered
274 Posts
HA HA HA HA!!!!! OK, that is way to much attention. Agreed.
And the tailgating is annoying. Car goes from garage to a drive back to garage. Never left unattended, no stores, parking lots or drive thru's , to many jealous people in the world today.

I guess it will be just as bad when I get a 2022 supra.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
You’re going to the dark side? Aha
BM’er ownership means you don’t have to use your turn signal from now on

Reactions: Beernuts

·
Registered
182 Posts
A few years ago I had the silver 85 at a car show, mostly a bunch of muscle cars and hot rods of course, and I see these two little kids maybe seven or eight years old come running up all excited and shouting about Back to the Future. I was thinking, yeah, they probably saw that movie at grandpa's house.

But yes the Supra gets considerable attention. I gotta be careful in it because people will drive crazy to catch up with me or slow down to get a look at it. Older people haven't seen one in 25 years or more and younger people are probably all thinking its a DeLorean. I really gotta change the color.
Don't change the color, it won't help. I've had a number of teenagers mistake my white one for a DeLorean as well. I guess that's the only wedge-shaped car in their head and they likely don't know a thing about stainless steel and just assumed the BttF car was just painted silver.

I'm upgrading/swapping my insurance over to Hagerty in the coming weeks because my car gets so much attention in public. I live in a relatively affluent area, and it's the middle-aged men in the nicer cars that are going to pull a muscle in their neck craning so hard. Seriously, they're so distracted, I'm afraid one will hit me before long, hence the upgraded insurance. I get waves from the McLarens, Ferraris, etc. I don't seem to get much attention from any of the generic SUV drivers, but the ******** love the car!

Edit: why is red_necks edited out?!?

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Also today, a guy pulled up in an early Corona and asked if it was for sale. I shook my head, because I cannot speak. We gave each other a thumbs up and he exited the parking lot.(y)

·
Registered
236 Posts
I didn't drive my collector cars enough last year for a number of reasons, but I usually get more attention in my Supra than in my Cadillac. Maybe it is down to the paint job, who knows?
And most people are fascinated by it. That is, until they drive a while behind me... I really need a good engine builder to fix all the leaks on the engine and gearbox.

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Zoe, we can enjoy OTHER cars here. May we see your Cadillac, please?

My other 5MGE leaked a LOT! Oil pan, front seals, breather cap. Most every orofice. Towards it's end of life, it was a steady supply of 20W-50 dino oil.
Replacement '85 engine MUCH better. Tolerable leaks . Much more power. ;)

The proposed new decal may be It's NOT for sale, maybe.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Zoe, we can enjoy OTHER cars here. May we see your Cadillac, please?

My other 5MGE leaked a LOT! Oil pan, front seals, breather cap. Most every orofice. Towards it's end of life, it was a steady supply of 20W-50 dino oil.
Replacement '85 engine MUCH better. Tolerable leaks . Much more power. ;)

The proposed new decal may be It's NOT for sale, maybe.
Add this to the window.............

·
Registered
190 Posts
Got one yesterday from a dude in a Challenger SRT as he passed me... funnier than that, a guy and his wife in a new red Ferrari broke their necks trying to see it as they drove past me waiting at the light in an intersection. They were in their 60’s. After getting the green light, I never caught up with them, to give him a thumbs up, although I usually prefer the hang loose version, he was way ahead of me and a lot of traffic. Still cool to watch a guy driving a six figure car gawwk at my ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
Until about 2010, most of the people 'turning' was 'grown ladies' and kids. Nowadays it's mostly 'grown men'. Have no idea why, but guess most of the millennials are ICE car hates, and the ladies have grown even older.. :p

1 - 20 of 22 Posts