Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just got one this week, car is new to me and was it's maiden freeway voyage after sitting parked for years and years

Pretty used to it in my 1973 Toyota Corona Mark II, but was a little surprised and happy in my new Supra

·
Registered
193 Posts
Loaded up mine on the trailer to take to mechanic, for a new stage 2 clutch and aluminum flywheel and a few other things, trailering it because it’s missing bad. Driving down highway and a kid probably about 12yrs old riding in a 100 series Landcruiser with his dad had his face pressed up against the passenger window as they blew by me in the passing lane. You could see the excitement in his face. And hoping since his dad has taste in cars too he told him what it was. Pic is from the night before after getting her strapped for the ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ddd228

·
Founding Member
6,607 Posts
Last month (July 2021) I entered the Supra in a car show for the first time since the summer before the pandemic. Anyways, on the way home, I stopped in a Sonic Drive-In for a refreshment after sitting on a hot parking lot all evening and the teenage car-hop asked "Is this one of those Back to the Future cars?" 🤭

On a side note, and this just seems insanely unreal to me, but I got more compliments in my dirt cheap used Jaguar sedan than any car I've ever had. Ten years ago, I had back surgery and wanted an inexpensive luxury car to commute in temporarily while I healed up so I bought an XJ8 Sovereign (basically an 10 year old used car). I actually decided that I really really liked wafting about in it and wound up driving it daily for six more years (without issue I might add - it was a rock). The crazy thing is that grandma's sedan got compliments all the time from total strangers. I literally couldn't fill up with gas without someone at an adjacent pump saying "Nice car" or asking the year model or something. I've had the Supra for decades and it didn't get that kind of attention until it was over 25 years old. I like to attribute the attention to Jaguar's retro styling. However, it might be just that an old man in a British saloon seems more approachable than a young punk in a Japanese sports car. ;)

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
I can't get out without 👍 about everywhere.
Just today got at least 4, including one that deliberately hit the brake to give me one, as I was entering the highway.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Phil, My cousin's 10 yr old kid always asks about my "DeLorean" 🤣

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ha! Almost always get a thumbs up. Of course, like others have posted, a lot of folks thing it's a DeLorean or an '86 Corolla...

21 - 27 of 27 Posts