Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the tug out of the water for our bi-yearly maintenance, just got her back in the water today.
Specs: 22 foot LOA
10 Beam
Chev 350
26" prop
12,000 lb of steel :zzzzz:

When we took her out last week

Something wrong with the prop...

Got a face lift, still needs white and touch up

And some new bling. :thumbsup:

Plus we swapped the gear box out from a 2.5/1 to a 2.92/1

GO BABY GO!!

My dads like a kid with a new toy! Cant wait to show her off at the spook cruise next weekend. Anyone wanna tug 'o' war? ;)

~Cordell

·
is awesome
2,736 Posts
Awesome man. I miss you a bunch man. Sweet you swapped out the gear box.. I bet it pulls even harder. That's SOME acceleration for only a 350 and weighing in wiht 12,000lbs of steel AND Water Drag... Just like I remembered it. Did you just smooth out and re-balance the prop, or put in a new one (looks kinda like you just cleaned it up). Loved getting to see your "crazy ol' dad" hehe.

Seeing the video of your tug really makes me homesick. What are the odds of getting hired on @ your company?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
^^ don't know rumors going around about jobs picking up hella for next year mostly out of town. Big party this weekend if you'll be back, camping and costumes your sort of thing. Tell Llana Hi for me and you guys are welcome down anytime. :)

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Jesus that thing motors....heehe Im working on a 1985 (I think) 42 foot scarab, twin 502s with some nice engine work (painted blue, straight exhaust, pipes look identical to the chimp pipe) haven't seen it go, heard the monsters run though...and just looking out from behind the controls makes my heart beat...and stop..how much of a pita would that be to dock....

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Na twins are cake just work the throttles. There used to be a 50' scarab here there bad ass boats, enjoy! Now this beast with a 110 feet of dock and about a half dozen boats and a dozen drunks, that can be a PITA! So we drop anchors. ROFL

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Cool tug!!!

That looks like a lot of fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts