Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Have we lost the ability to post high quality pictures? what has changed?

14K views 45 replies 17 participants last post by  AG_admin 
#1 ·
i have noticed a few changes recently. i guess due to the exchange of ownership of the site. nothing has really bothered me so far. (still getting used to peoples info being on the other side...)

Today i updated my build thread and noticed that it seams like the pictures are smaller than before. then i realized that its actually cropping off the width of my photos. i posted a picture of Half of the deck surface of my block. the pic shows three cylinders on PhotoBucket. when i dropped it on my build thread its cropped down to Two cylinders.

What changed? am i supposed to change the format or something? or like, Reduce them before posting?

i dont see what good a car forum is if we can only show each-other two-thirds of our rides.....

not exactly a big deal. just wondering whats up.

#3 ·
Ha! I didn't notice that until now.. it's all over the forum.. looks pretty funny we people have nice photos of their cars and all you see now is some driveway and grass or a turn signal.. lol

#4 ·
Yeah, I noticed it too. Sometimes the pics don't even show up for me. I end up seeing a question mark inside of a blue box. Don't know what's up with that?

#5 ·
I thought it was just my phone.

#6 ·
Yeah, I noticed the cropped pics a few days ago too. At first I was thinking that some people need to learn how to take pics but then I noticed mine were cropped too.

#8 ·
i am using the same wicked badass camera that i have used sense i got on this forum. and i have always used Photobucket to upload them. so none of that has changed. i believe photobucket has always automatically reduced them from what they are on my computer, but its never hacked off a side.

#9 ·
Ok so I am a new member here and I noticed the cropping of pictures immediately. My first thought was that I was doing something wrong. My second thought was it might be that I was working from an iPad. I use photobucket and have on other forums with no issues.

I decided to upload a few of the same images that were cropped in a very small format to photobucket and then to put the same picture in the same post as the cropped one. BAM! The small pictures were not cropped.

In conclusion, I would say that the site has new limitation of picture size, regardless of the pictures hosting site. Just my observation.

http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/showthread.php?76673-Learning-as-I-go-83-Supra/page2

#15 ·
Same picture.
They both display fine for me. Maybe it's a matter of screen resolution? They get cutoff if I resize the window. What's bothering me since the update is there are popup ads that display over every single picture. It looks ridiculous on build threads. You can see those in the clip too. I know ads support the site but this seems a bit over the top.

#18 ·
Your screen shots proves it is a user issue on the pics.
I think it's a little of both. A high resolution displays fine currently but a lower resolution used to work fine with the old forum layout. I wouldn't call that an upgrade.

Manvir, as for the ads I avoid using adblock especially on sites I like because I know ads are part of what keeps the site going. I am not a supporting member (yet) as I have too many expenses to worry about right now so I figured contributing through ads was the least I could do for now, but they are a bit more extreme now than they were before.

#20 ·
i have no problem admitting that i am not great with computers. it could easily be a user error on my part. i have also been on a MAC recently which i am even worse with.....

if it was an issue with resolution wouldn't my pictures be messed up on photo bucket too? when i click on my photo bucket pictures they all look normal.

#21 ·
if it was an issue with resolution wouldn't my pictures be messed up on photo bucket too? when i click on my photo bucket pictures they all look normal.
Not necessarily. Photobucket probably has it coded into the site to automatically resize as needed. My guess now that lots of people are having problems here is that this site used to do that too and no longer does after the recent design change.

#22 ·
man that sucks. a big part of the reason why i do build threads on here is so that my friends and family (who always ask) can see what i have been upto in my man cave. if i cant continue to drop large clear pictures than whats the point?

Pretty disappointing.....

and what about all of the pictures that were already posted before the change? do those people now have to go into their post, delete every picture and then re-post it on the thread as a reduced picture? seams like this pretty much just Boned a lot of peoples hard work on build threads.

#24 ·
Hello,

It looks like the images that are posted from photobucket are no resizing to a smaller image. Are you still noticing an issue with this? Can you provide links to where images are showing up as question marks not resizing into small thumbnails.

Thanks

~ dm, community support

#25 ·
Hi, I was looking at this For Sale thread the other day and all the parts pictured on the right side of each image were cut off so I was forced to post questions to the seller to describe the items that should be clearly pictured. This morning I used the trick that Celipra described above with Control+ and Control- and was able to see everything in the pics but the images themselves were then smaller so I couldn't see detail.

#27 ·
First of all, thank you for getting back to us with a reply!

Dave, i laughed pretty hard at that. thanks! lol....

Yes, it is still a problem even with the squirrel picture that you posted.

here is a picture out of my photobucket account. if you right click the pic you should be able to see it "as it should be" on my photobucket page.

lets see if it crops this beast. in the full pic, the right side shows half of a green trash can.

#28 ·
as you can see it cropped out the entire trash can along with some other stuff. like the gas can that probably shouldent have been so close to all of that excitement.

Celipra's trick works for me too but then i cannot read didly squat on the forum. id rather not have to change it back and forth just to read and view pics in a thread.

#29 ·
i also have to hit Command - a few times before its actually small enough to see the whole picture. by then its so small i think i would lean towards not dropping pics on this forum anymore. which makes me sad. looks like a picture id take with an old flip-phone.

Can you new found owners of this site please do something about it? or are we screwed now?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.