Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been quite some time since I last posted here, and even longer since I have actually owned a Supra. I am looking to locate and re-purchase my old car, whether it belongs to the person I traded it to or not. If you have any information on the whereabouts of this car, please contact me via PM.

Last seen: New owner drove it out of my driveway, followed by his friend (or relative?) in a white Cadillac. Located in Marietta GA, it was sometime around the 18th of December of '08 (about 14 months ago) at about 9-10 pm.

Description of new owner: lanky white fellow, approximately 19-23 years of age, about 5'11" iirc. Lived in the middle of nowhere in Canton or Cartersville, about 20 minutes north of my house. You traded me an F3 CBR 600, flat black in color with red decals and a chopped windshield.

Me: large white guy, 17 y.o. at the time. I called you about the bike, you came to my house and saw the car, I met you at your house later to check out the bike. You rode the bike to my house and drove the Supra home, have not heard from you since.

The car: '85 P-Type, Ractive catback exhaust, MOMO leather shift boot, 4-point harness on driver's seat, Xplod head unit, TRD badge on the dash, re-wrapped steering wheel, H4 headlight conversion, yellow fogs, black/polished rims, lowering springs, Spectre intake filter, red valve cover. Had the celicasupra.com sticker in the rear windows, hoping that may have led you here.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Sidetrack, but wow, I thought about doing my rims like that and now I'm convinced.

At first, I opened this thread and was like wow that car has NICE rims. Then I realized they were the stockers, painted.

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
Do you have to have THAT car? MKIIs aren't especially rare in the Atlanta area. You could probably pick a different one up for cheap.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you have to have THAT car? MKIIs aren't especially rare in the Atlanta area. You could probably pick a different one up for cheap.
No, not necessarily. More of a sentimental thing I guess, as it was the first car that I officially owned. I am, however, having trouble finding another one that is acceptable. This one just suited my taste EXACTLY, and most others are the wrong color or automatic or have major issues . . . maybe I'm just too picky? Either way, it is almost required that it be an '85, as I love those tail lights and the dual spoiler. Just to refresh my memory, are there any other years that came with those? And DONN, what do you mean by 'check with the DMV'? Are they able to just whip up a search like that?

BTW . . . . It's nice to be back :thumbsup:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sidetrack, but wow, I thought about doing my rims like that and now I'm convinced.

At first, I opened this thread and was like wow that car has NICE rims. Then I realized they were the stockers, painted.
Quick How-To:
1. Scuff centers with scotchbrite pad. No shiny allowed.
2. Polish lips, using 320/600/1500/3000(for extra mirror-like results)
3. Tape off lips.
4. Spray centers with acrylic urethane, one quart is more than enough for two sets of rims
5. Untape, allow to dry/cure for at least 24 hours, install.
6. Be the coolest kid on the block.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
I met the previous owner of that car. He came to my house and bought parts once upon a time. Cool car.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
I know they have the info and you'd probably have to buy it from them, but its a good start. 86 is the same as 85, just with the 3rd Brake Light. Some 84's have the nicer tail lights, but usually have the sunshade on the hatch, vs the nice spoiler.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I found my 84 4runner 11 years after I sold it. It was in MN and I am in TX. I bought it back.
I lucked out. By chance, while looking for parts for my 89, I read an ad on yotatech for the truck and it turned out to be mine!

To find your supra, you will need to get your old VIN. Contact your insurance company or look through your old records on registration. If you get that, you can run a carfax and it will tell you where the car is, according to last sale or if the VIN was run for repairs.
Here in TX, you can pay a small fee and they can pull the owner info for a VIN.

Good luck

·
Registered
518 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,600 Posts
Got an itch you can't scratch

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Carfax is kind of useless. I have a car that was in an accident bad enough to bend the frame, and the carfax report showed not a single accident with the car. All it gave was the dates/mileage of the 2 or 3 emissions tests it had when they were required in this state's metro area. It is only a good source of records if everything that ever happened to the car was reported, and nobody can ever be sure of that. Good luck finding your car though!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts