Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know anything about headlight conversions for an mkII? i was lookin at some but im not sure if its possible as i dont know much about the cars....could anyone help?

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
i've got H4's in the '82... not sure what i can say... they are "hella" bright. was a 2 minute job to swap the stock ones out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did u get conversions to where u didnt have to always change the entire lamp u could just change the bulbs? thats really appealing to me because i like the look of hid bulbs. thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
are you wanting HIDs or "the look of HID"?

if you want "the look" they have halogen conversion kits at autozone(the kind where you change the bulb) for about 50 bucks, use them with the silverstars(bout another 50) and you'll get the "look"...

if you do this, let me know how they work, as i have been debating for some time now

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
i'm not 100% sure what i have.. all i know is that they are hella brand, and they have big "H4" lettering right in the center. i was too busy putting them in to see if the bulbs were replacable separate from the housing. i can only assume so though...

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
theres some fairly inexpensive generic HIDs on the market now, inexpensive being relative to what they were.

Slip, yes your bulbs are separate. The H4 conversions are a new lens that takes H4 bulbs, you can run any H4 bulb you want with those lenses now. The easiest and most econimcal way to go if you want better headlights on a mk2.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Hella lights are part of the Bosch corp. Super good optics, one of the better quality lights you can buy. Make sure to get the E-codes if you want the best lighting. They are not DOT legal, in case you need state inspections. Never had anybody question them on the road.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I have Hella E-code H4s (thanks to Malloy's suggestion) and I'm happy with 'em. Nice and bright ... very white light, excellent coverage in high and low beam light.

Very simple install, just like a sealed beam -- but has a removable H4 bulb is all, and no they aren't technically street legal but I doubt any cops are going to bother me about them.

Definitely a smart upgrade.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
supra racer, where did u get your H4's? i need some...my old headlights are faded and i want a new look. thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
For my car I went to advanced autoparts and got the apc clear housing conversions and the high power upgrade harness (also apc). Then I ordered a set of xenon H4 bulbs to finish it off. The light is a very bright white with a hint of blue in it. The whole setup is so much brighter than the stock stuff.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how much did u pay for ur headlights? plus bulbs?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
also i went to the advanced autosports website and it looks to be miata exclusive? possibly the wrong place? any ideas...thanks

·
Registered
2,297 Posts

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
are the classic garage ones in pairs?

just looked at the FAQ, we need 200 mm lamps and YES, they are on sale for 43 bucks at classicgarage.com too
if thats a pair, im ordering them NOW!!! lol :D

thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
dogstar said:
are the classic garage ones in pairs?

just looked at the FAQ, we need 200 mm lamps and YES, they are on sale for 43 bucks at classicgarage.com too
if thats a pair, im ordering them NOW!!! lol :D

thanks in advance :)
Yup...Mike's right, that's priced "each"

You might want to take a peek at this site too. http://www.susquehanna.com/susq/hella/headlamp.htm Malloy told me about it a while back, but I had already purchased my Hella lamps from Classic Garage.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Malloy said:
Parker: Go here www.rallylights.com

They kick ass. I recommend getting Hella ECodes not the cheapo no names. :lol:

These guys do kick much ass, Because of the very little jumps in prices you will be convinced to get VERY bright lights like myself.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts