Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I crashed my 82, on the pass. side only the low-beam worked, so I thought it was a bulb. The lights on the 83 worked fine, high and low both sides. After the crash, I put the 83 pass. side assembly, bulb included, into the 82. Now not only does the high beam not work, the low doesnt either. It is VERY dim on low beam, and off on high-beam. Is there a relay or something that controls this that would suddenly go bad? Anything in the front I could have damaged in the accident? I dont know, but she's close to getting back on the road and I need lights!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I had a similar problem. I thought it was the bulb as well and replaced it, but soon realized that the new bulb was also dim. The problem was a loose connection in one of the wires in the bulb connector. Remove your bulbs and inspect three prong female connector and make sure the wires are firmly connected. Might wanna test with a multimeter. All I did was soldered the wire into the connector itself and the problem is no more. hopefully it will be that simple for you. Otherwise, you might wanna start checking wires and connectors leading away from the bulbs to make sure none got pinched or torn. Good luck.

- Mike

·
Registered
306 Posts
How is the connection in the clip in the drivers side kick plate? it's very exposed to environment since it sits behind one peice of sheet metal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts